or Connect

Posts by hlkm2e

Make turnip soup? I seem to turn all extra veggies into soup these days, LOL.
I'm in! I have a pretty much stocked freezer and pantry. I will need to buy some chicken at the farmers market, but probably only once. I need to do this challenge for 2 reasons, first I feel like I'm bleeding money here since the twins were born. I'm having to supplement and preemie formula is $$$. And the cloth diapers are just not happening right now with 3 in diapers and that is $$$ also. It seems like everytime I turn around I'm plunking down $100. Second is, my...
The first thing I would do is make some lists. 1. all the foods you can eat 2. all the meals you enjoy 3. all the food you already have in the house Then I would match up what I already have to the meals you already eat. Fill those in on a calendar. Decide what preps have to be done for those and fill the work in on the days they need to be done. Then you will need to work on filling in the other days. Try to use what you already have or plan things that...
We are a family of 6. I have a pretty tiny laundry room, but we tore out a closet and put in a shelving system so I could organize better. We also have a laundry chute from the upstairs directly into the laundry room. I keep 4 baskets on the shelves and then one extra basket on the dryer to fold clothes into and take upstairs. We do at least 2 loads a day. Here is the shelving unit. The linens/towels are on top, next is darks, then lights, then whites. We...
What sorts of things do you repurpose glass bottles for? I'm thinking the sort that spaghetti sauce and salsa, etc. come in. I've just been recycling them, but it seems like a waste.
I voted 8+. I have 4 kids, 4, 2, and 2 month old twins. 3 adults, my mom is here now, then there will be a babysitter at least part-time. My house is 3,000 sq feet. I counted cooking. *at least 2 loads of laundry, sorted, washed, dried and put away -1 hour *at least one dishwasher load, loaded, unloaded and put away - 30 minutes *at least 2 hand wash loads, washed, dried, put away - 30 minutes *picking up toys, 3 times/day - 45 minutes *wiping down tables and...
Quote: Originally Posted by HydeParkB INGREDIENT HELP: We have unidentified flour. It looks like it's probably a whole wheat/white flour mix. DH has 'new flour' and doesn't want to use this, because we don't know what it is and its "old." (Can you tell I'm a little annoyed!) Anyway, he is the baker in the family; I am not. We probably have 6 or 7 different kinds of flour in the house. What types of baked goods (or other uses) might be especially...
I have an excel file that basically is my shopping list if my home was empty. I try to check it before each weekly trip. If something is on sale, I will stock up and buy extra. I like to have several months supplies on hand, especially with several small children. This is my master list canned/jarred food corn white beans black beans kidney beans tomato paste diced tomatoes enchilada sauce, mild salsa, mild soup pineapple, spaghetti sauce,...
After a strenuous twin pregnancy, my body is a mess. I can deal with the muscle tone loss, but the flexibility loss is troublesome. An example is, when I am pumping, just sitting up very straight with my legs out, my back and legs are very tight. I imagine I need something like yoga to restretch my muscle and ligaments that didn't move much during my pregnancy, or moved in other ways. But, I don't think I have the strength for more than 10 minutes of yoga at the most...
Yesterday got switched around a little bit. My mom invited a couple girlfriends over for lunch, so I made them chicken enchiladas with a bunch of chicken I had frozen leftover from fajitas the other night. That made enough to use for leftovers for dinner when combined with the leftover eggplant parmesan from the night before. So the spinach manicotti was going to be pushed back to tonight. But, my girlfriend brought over greek meatloaf for tonight, so the manicotti is...