or Connect

Posts by hlkm2e

double post
What a great thread! Here's what I just did. First I got the kids settled with some playdoh at the kitchen table, so I could be free for 20 minutes. Then I raced around and 1. picked up the towels from the bathroom and threw them in the wash with my dishrags 2. washed all the dishes in the sink and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher 3. Wiped down all the kitchen counters 4. picked all the toys off of the family room floor It's amazing what I can get...
Tonight is my families favorite. Spaghetti with meat sauce. I'm using our organic grass fed beef we just got a couple weeks ago. We have 60lbs. of cuts!
We have several of these for grandparents cars and they are pretty nice. The latch is much harder than Britax and it can be a little harder to install and get a nice angle, but they are very similar besides that to the Marathon. The only other thing is the padding isn't quite as lush, so if your child was going to do lots of long road trips, they may not be as comfy as in a Marathon or something in that range. My kids have no complaints, though.
I just found this thread and it is just what I need! 1. continue washing blankets and clothes from storage 2. finish going thru all clothes and toys in kids rooms. have those rooms perfect. 3. purge toys 4. purge extra/not liked clothes 5. buy 2 new car seats 6. buy 2 bassinets for downstairs 7. put together crib for babies, my son is still in his, so we needed another one and my neighbor gave us hers 8. Move daughters room to other room and turn her room into...
I run the dishwasher on average once a day. I handwash a little everyday, also. I do lots of laundry on Monday, about 4 loads, then 1 a day the rest of the week. We have apartment stackable washer/dryer right now and they are really tiny. Our regular front loaders cut that in half. But, when our twins come this spring, I'm sure we will do more laundry, even in our front loaders.
You can also make homemade pita bread really easy and it is so yummy. Pita Bread 1 pk active dry yeast 1 1/4 cup warm water 3 c flour 2 tsp salt Disolve yeast in warm water. Stir in flour and salt. Knead on a floured surface till smooth(about 5 mins). Divide into 6 balls and knead each until smooth & elastic. Flatten each to 1/4 inch thick and 4-5 " in diameter Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 45 minutes. Place upside down on a cookie sheet and...
Grains: brown rice, quinoa, couscous, 1 small box spanish rice pilaf, 1 bag pasta, some ezekiel bread (for toast) Protein: dry black beans, dry lentils, dry garbanzo beans, canned kidney, black, garbanzo and pinto beans, almond and peanut butter, pecan pieces Fruits and Veggies: 1 can corn, pasta sauce (quite a few), a lot of organic diced tomatoes, cranberries, raisins (just a little), oranges, mixed greens, applesauce, lemons (we have a lemon tree), frozen...
Quote: Originally Posted by isosmom Ok, time for an ingredient challenge. Kind of. What can I do with odd grains? Like I've got 1/4c of this and 1/4 c of that. Not enough to really make anything with, but I won't throw it away. Any ideas? I also need help with random sauces I've got. Specifically Asian type sauces, teriyaki, hoisin, curry paste. What about making a bunch of pilafs. You can do rice pilaf, barley pilaf, etc. Use up little bits...
[QUOTE=Twinklefae;10329415]Are you still looking to get a ring sling or are you looking to try something else? QUOTE] I think I want to stick with the ring sling. I've tried other things and they just aren't a comfy for me. I know wraps can work well with twins, but I've never been comfy. I think my shoulders may be too narrow. I do have and ergo that I use and my dh loves. That will probably work for our 1 year old and then for the babes...