or Connect

Posts by kjjoybell

Ah everyone thank you so much for all your wise words! You're helping to put my mind at ease!   Zinemama I think I will buy Where is God? and maybe a children's Bible too that I'm ok with if my Mom hasn't picked up one yet.   And it may be good to dialogue with my Mom about it although it makes me nervous...   I agree Kedrosami that I don't want to censor (except that it be age appropriate) and I want her to learn about different ways of thinking and yes, she...
My mom is going to buy my 4 yo daughter a children's Bible because my dd *gasp* didn't know the story of Noah's ark! While I want dd to know about many different traditions and stories, I am a little freaking out about this.   I am of the persuasion that the original teachings of Jesus have been distorted into something far different than what he intended and that Christianity as we now know it can be harmful to individuals and the Earth. And I tend to fall into a...
I would like to hear thoughts on what UC mamas and papas do for the newborn exam after birth. Do you follow certain guidelines like those given in Heart and Hands for a typical newborn exam? Or do you go more on simple observation of your baby? Or take baby in to a doctor?  If doing yourself are there certain things you consider essential to look for while other things are maybe not so important? TIA for your thoughts!
I am expecting this summer too (end June/July-ish) and am hoping to UC. I've been UP so far and am waiting for my husband to decide if he feels he really needs a mw at our birth.   I have been reading Heart and Hands and going over all complication scenarios and I also have a copy of Emergency Childbirth on the way. Just wondering for UC ers in the past how much did you feel you needed to study up on all this stuff? I've been a doula and educated myself on birth...
Oh and this is my second preg. I got them w/ my first probably by 2nd tri, but didn't know what they were until mw pointed it out...
I too have been having BH since the end of my first trimester. I think that it is just normal for some women to have them and/or notice them more than others. I am currently 25 wks and still get several every day. I am very active, but they are not always related to my activity sometimes I get them when I am lying down and like you it often happens when I really have to pee. Trust your intuition, if you feel fine then go with it, if you want to get checked out, then do...
ytafuri,   Sounds like you are absolutely on the right track--preconception nutrition and lifestyle plays a HUGE part in the health of our children. Of course so does diet during pregnancy and lactation as well as what you feed your children later.   An absolutely WONDERFUL book you might want to read is Ramiel Nagel's Healing Our Children http://www.healingourchildren.org   If everyone had this information and followed even half of it--it could change the...
Thank you ladies for all your kind and thoughtful replies. I have decided to do 6 things:   1. Make it really clear to both my husband and mw what my wishes are for the birth   2. Help my husband find the tools he needs to feel more knowledgeable and prepared (getting a fetascope and bp cuff for him to use, taking an infant cpr class, having herbs on hand to stop excessive bleeding etc)   3. Have my husband remind me when in labor that if I am at a stuck...
My husband does not want to me to birth unassisted. Says he doesn't have the knowledge and experience of a mw and would blame himself if something happened to me or baby.   We had a homebirth w mw attending with our daughter and it was great, but I just feel a mw is unnecessary, plus she did a few things that I didn't appreciate (not huge, but just niggling things in my mind).   I worked as a doula for several years and am extremely knowledgeable about birth and...