or Connect

Posts by MrsGregory

I have not found a high weight limit swing, and believe me, I'd love one.  So if you find one, please, be a peach and message me!   I also wanted to mention that mine is 16 months, and we've been in nap limbo.  She was sleeping 8pm-8am or 9pm-8am and napping from 2pm-3pm until 5pm and then around 14 months, WHAMMO! nuts to that plan.  I think I've got her nailed down as needing an earlier nap, and to wake up earlier, but it's all a work in progress.  Try...
Hi demeter888!    My husband is a person with very low emotional intelligence.  He's "interesting", socially.  He's very, very likable, but there is just so much that he doesn't "get".  I notice him with our daughter, and I see that he had no idea what she's thinking or feeling, although I can see it plain as day.  He struggles with her, although she adores him, because he cannot and therefore doesn't anticipate her needs or reactions in any way.    I realized...
1/2 - 50 minutes yoga 1/4 - 45 minutes yoga 1/5 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/7 - 30 minutes yoga 1/8 - 40 minutes yoga 1/10 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/14 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/17 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/18 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/19 - 50 minutes brisk walk 1/20 - 50 minutes brisk walk 1/21 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/23 - 60 minutes brisk walk 1/24 - 45 minutes yoga 1/25 - 60 minutes walking 1/27 - 30 minutes yoga; 60 minutes walking 1/30 -...
I've only used my travel system (baby bucket capable, etc.) so I cannot recommend a model, but I wanted to strongly second the jogging stroller advice.  I will run when my ass is on fire, and I have a jog stroller.  Why, you ask?  Because I can wheel that bad boy where-ever-the-heck-I-want, whereas other Mama friends are struggling in mulch or over curbs with their non-jog models.  Jog stroller.  Yes.
I asked my mother to dye my hair when I was about 15-16.  She said no.  I did it myself. Moral?  I  was am a jerk.  My plan for Little Miss?  She can have whatever she wants as long as she lets me take her somewhere that will do it right, with a minimal amount of damage, and then take it off again when she's sick of it.   Sweet mercy, I did my hair black, too.  I am a natural blonde.  Haha, take THAT, Mom.   
I'm just throwing this out there, perhaps I'm way off, but is your therapy stipulation because you feel almost certain that your father will refuse to go, and you can excuse yourself as having given him a chance (and he failed to take that chance)? I am not blaming you one little bit.  The choice to cut a family member, a parent, out of your life and out of the lives of your children is really big, and for me, eyeball deep in guilt and shame. His behavior in the past...
1/2 - 50 minutes yoga 1/4 - 45 minutes yoga 1/5 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/7 - 30 minutes yoga 1/8 - 40 minutes yoga 1/10 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/14 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/17 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/18 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/19 - 50 minutes brisk walk 1/20 - 50 minutes brisk walk 1/21 - 40 minutes brisk walk 1/23 - 60 minutes brisk walk 1/24 - 45 minutes toga 1/25 - 60 minutes walking 1/27 - 30 minutes yoga;...
Aha, that stain looks similar to one of my first choices!  Your Little Monkey is super-huggable, and Grampa did and awesome job on that tower.
Alrighty, I changed my mind about the finish once or twice and finally settled on this beautiful deep blue paint, which will match other trim in the house.  My husband was a little unhappy that I kept needing to see the finished product before changing my mind, but it's finally truly done, and in the house, and here's the result of 9 months of hamburgers and molasses cookies chilling out in it.   
  1. Curiosity 2. Nothing better to do.   I suppose at different phases in life I will have more of a purpose, personally.  Right now, for example, my purpose is to be a mother to this little hooligan I birthed somewhat recently.  I can see mothering her to be my personal purpose for the rest of my days, honestly.  But I don't think life has some great over-riding purpose.  We're mammals.  We're a means for the universe to experience itself.  We're "talking monkeys on an...