or Connect

Posts by MrsGregory

kitchensqueen, Can we get that chili recipe please?  Plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeee? 
Brussels Sprouts...   Get the sweet, tiny ones, peel the outer few leaves, cut off the root (edible, but chewy and gross) and put the halfs in a cast iron pan with some olive oil, or, in bacon fat.  (WHAT?!?!?!)  Cook over medium-high heat until soft and caramelized.  Add things like blue cheese, bacon, black bean sauce... maybe not all three at the same time.  They are so, so, so cook.   This week is pea soup.  Just pea soup.  Husband and I will eat pea soup...
So, I'm nervous to jinx my success by bragging, but I am now losing close to what I'd expect, and have been for the past week and a half.  I'm still using the thyroid stimulating foods, and even with Easter (Oh, hello ham.) I dropped weight like the numbers indicate I "should" (calories eaten versus burned).  So I am so beyond excited!  
04/06 - 30 minutes walking 04/07 - 60 minutes walking 04/09 - 60 minutes walking   365/1000
Good to know about the oatmeal.  I do give her kitchen toys when she has to be in her high chair, waiting for dinner.  She LOVES wooden spoons, the can opener, a can of dulce de leche sauce... whatever I'm working with, she gets it when I'm done, or before I need it. Yours is awful smart if he noticed the lights.  Darling has an identical remote control to Papa's, but with no batteries.  She has yet to catch on.  I know she's not supposed to see any TV, but he will...
This is really good to know.  Where I come from, if you call for delivery in the driving rain 5 minutes before closing, you're expected to cough up a larger-than-average tip - by your peers, not by the delivery man.  Stingy tipping is not looked on nicely.  But I think I can see the sensibility at work refusing a ginormous tip, even if you did well and truly earn it.  It would never have occurred to me not to double my usual tip for very out of the ordinary circumstances...
I tip a minimum of 20% for decent service.  I will usually just round up from 20% to the nearest dollar.   For places I am a regular I have been known to tip up to 100% (for bringing me a pizza outside the delivery area; or for bringing me Szechuan in a deluge). If I frequent a place I will usually drop closer to 40%...  and I get my money's worth.  I've been called names at a hair salon because I walked in without an appointment and bumped a woman with an...
Bloody welts on my breasts, chest, chin and triceps here.  The mittens are my best bet.  Look about for thicker ones - I hate a set that she can't pinch through.  They are a specialty layette piece, fairly pricey, those Gerber 3-pack ones she can pinch through too.  
I am a first time Mama, but I have been tasked with child-care most of my life.  More than half of my life, at this point, has been spent caring for children and babies of all ages.  So I noticed a difference in how I felt when my own daughter cried.  I expected some difference, but I was honestly shocked by how visceral my reaction to her cries was. I am physically uncomfortable when she cries.  There is an actual discomfort created in my body when she's wailing; ...
pickle18 - Why be anything but positive?  I figure, my outlook won't really change most things, including my sweetum's personality, but my outlook does affect how I experience these things.  And I like control.  The oatmeal idea is a good one, but does yours eat it?  Raw?  Mine puts everything in her mouth.  Or is this cooked oatmeal?  If he's eating it, it doesn't hurt him I imagine... good to know! The yelling at toys...  she has this toy octopus that I don't give...