or Connect

Posts by Justalexis

I've just never heard of cold meds doing nothing. . . that threw me off. I know certain types of cold meds are known to make kids crazy but we were also advised by a nurse from the same clinic to purchase dye-free medication. I've yet to find any evidence supporting either end so I was hoping someone else may of come across the same issue.
My BF's 5 year old does not seem to understand the concept of punishment.   Despite the loss of toys, loss of fun activities or time spent in the corner he simply cries, fights us and then goes about his business as if it doesn't matter. It's almost like he knows it will just be over in a bit. When punished he will fight for whatever he's lost and attempt to find loopholes and drag out the conversation but no matter how many times you tell him why he lost it he'll do...
My 5-year old step son started Kindergarten this year. Since he's started, he's been nothing but sick and his behaviors been nothing short of a roller coaster. He recently had a check-up while fighting a cold and came out just fine. Not only that but the doctor had insisted that we never give him cold medicine because it doesn't help or do anything anyways.   My questions are...   1. Is cold medication really useless?   2. Is it normal for a Kindergartner to...
1. What do we need to be prepared for Family Court should we chose to challenge the mother for full custody? (The child lives with us and goes to school in our district).   2. Can we be held accountable if the child is allowed to go to his mother's if the atmosphere/character are inappropriate?   3. Is the mother's conduct taken into consideration when she doesn't have the kid assuming she isn't that when she is responsible for him.   4. Is the live-in...
His mother actually does a lot of 'challenging'. For instance, Ant's 5th birthday: the bike his grandmother on his mom's side bought him was run down with a flat tire and the hand grips had been ripped off. The only time we saw this bike come to our house was when it was in need of some sort of repair and my boyfriend actually does a lot of BMX riding so fixing it wasn't a big deal but god forbid we asked for it at any specific time to which she'd say 'maybe you can buy...
Okay. I'll get straight to the point without telling you the whole back story.   My boyfriend and I have residence of his son Ant who is 5.   The kids mother comes around whenever she feels like it but is obligated to every other weekend mostly because the kid is in school.   Recently Ant has gotten the idea into his head that he doesn't have to be good any time other than the Friday before the weekend his mother comes to get him despite having the...