or Connect

Posts by pennywhistle

Who here is working right now?  Have you told your employer that you're pregnant?  How's it going at work?  I'd love to hear from people who are negotiating jobs with pregnancy symptoms!   My symptoms have been pretty mild, so my pregnancy hasn't really affected my work...other than having to take much more frequent trips to the bathroom!  I'm an attorney with the fed govt, so I have a pretty decent 9-5 schedule.   I will be coming back to my job post-baby (I...
moremadder that salad looks delicious - thanks for posting the recipe!   I think I've been doing okay, but could definitely use some healthier options when I'm at work and the twix bars downstairs are calling me.   today: first breakfast (before I leave the house): protein powder shake with almond milk, strawberries, blueberries second breakfast (once I get to work and am, surprise!, hungry again): breakfast burrito with egg, potato, veggies, cheese first...
If there's a freecycle in your area, I highly recommend checking it out - so far I've gotten an infant carseat with convertible stroller, a changing table, and a breast pump all for free.  It's a website where you post stuff that you're either giving away or looking for.  If you see something you want, or see something that you can provide, you email the poster directly and it's done!
Congrats on your race, VV!  That must have felt awesome (other than the puking part, of course).   I'm starting to feel more energetic lately, which is nice.  I've been walking to the subway every morning, instead of taking the bus (it's a little over a mile), and I went on a 4-mile hike the past 2 Saturdays.  The weather here has been pretty crazy for March - it was in the low 70's all weekend.  So I'm trying to get out there as much as possible!   So sorry to...
I will definitely be watching this thread - thanks for all the suggestions!   Any tips for defrosting/thawing these meals?  How do you ensure that the middle thaws before the top burns?
MonkeyScience: I'm in your boat in terms of having no space for a nursery.  Our apartment is pretty small - 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a joint dining room/living room.  The second bedroom is my husband's office right now, since he's a student and needs a desk space at home, so we're going to have to find a way to share the space between baby stuff and desk/computer/school stuff.  The grey colour scheme might be a perfect solution, actually, since that will...
I finally am getting mine back after having NONE since getting pregnant.  Last night I tried to convince my husband, but he said "I'm glad you're into it again, but let's wait until you're actually likely to stay awake throughout."  I said FINE and then fell asleep about 30 seconds later.
A sarong makes a really cute cover-up that is flattering, while hiding you well.  You just need a big piece of material.  Hold it behind you, like you're wrapping up in a towel.  Cross it in front of you, then cross the top corners and tie them behind your neck.   I lived in these when I was a super body-conscious teenager in Bangkok.   Like this:
I'm hopping on this thread for advice myself...my brother is getting married in Vietnam at the end of November, and I'm having a baby in California at the end of August.  I reeeeeally want to be there for his wedding (also, since I grew up in Thailand, I really want to visit south-east Asia with my husband).  Unfortunately I won't be able to play it by ear, since we'll have to buy tickets well in advance.  I think it will be do-able, since the baby will be 3 months by...
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who finds home yoga totally boring.   I went on a long, easy-ish hike on Saturday.  I've been doing a lot of walking, which isn't nearly as fun as running, but still makes me feel good.  I've just been SO TIRED lately!