or Connect

Posts by pennywhistle

I'm due in late August (first pregnancy).  I started running last year, and completed 2 half marathons and a handful of 10Ks and 5Ks.  I had planned on training for and completing my first full marathon this year, but with the surprise baby on board, I'm scaling back on that.  I am hoping to keep running, though.  There's a half marathon on March 25 that I really want to do, but I've acknowledged to myself (for the most part) that there will be a fair amount of walking...
Ha!  Yes, just stuff for me - the baby stuff can wait for now.  I can feel myself wanting to get a bunch of crap in order to feel more in control of things, so your advice is greatly appreciated!  I need to remember that the library is my friend
The internet is so overwhelming with all the different Things Pregnant Women Need.  We aren't telling anyone yet that I'm pregnant, so I haven't been able to ask any friends...what do I *really* need?!   When it comes to books, what do you recommend?  What is helpful and informative?   Do I need a "Bella Band"?  Does body butter really work?   I'm so grateful for all the information out there, but there's just too much of it and I don't know what is actually...
I'm a first-timer too, due (according to the internet - first pre-natal visit is next week) 08/26/12.  I'm 34, my fiance is 35, and we're getting married in 3 days!  This pregnancy was...not at all planned or expected.  It's been a week since I found out, and it's still a little unreal.  Once the wedding is over and we tell everyone, I'm sure I'll get more used to the idea.   I've had a tiny amount of spotting yesterday and today - just a few droplets over the span...
Aha!  Thank you!  And LilyTiger thanks so much for that blog suggestion - looks like a great resource.  Hope you're feeling better soon!
Oh good - I love running so much; I'd be sad to have to stop!  I'm not one of those athletes who like pushing themselves past the pain zone, so I think I'll be able to do a good job of monitoring how I feel and keeping things comfortable.   By the way, what's BFP?  Is there a place where I can learn all the new acronyms?!
I'm a long-distance runner, and had planned to start training for my first marathon in the new year.  Then the test popped up positive, and now I may have to shelve that idea!  I currently work out every day - running 4-5 times a week, and weight lifting at the gym the other 2-3 days.  I need to keep up the same amount of exercise, as it does SO much for my mental health, but I don't want to risk the pregnancy.  I'm a member of our local Y, so I'm going to start...
Hi everyone, just joined the group.  Not sure if it's too early for me, since I just found out I'm pregnant 2 days ago (due date is August 26).  It was a complete surprise, and we're still warming up to the idea...we're getting married a week from tomorrow, and this certainly wasn't in my Wedding To-Do list!  We want kids, but were planning on getting started next year.  Instead...here we are.  I'm totally freaked out and everything is still very unreal!  Looking forward...