or Connect

Posts by rebecca10

And when you do make sure you post an intro with you mothering user name. The Facebook site is great-the only tough part is keeping track of whose who after so long of thinking about people by their mothering name
LillyTiger,  I'd keep doing whatever you need to get her to sleep.  That's what is important, everything else are just some people's suggestions.      What works best for my girl is for her to for a nap 1.5 hours after she last got up, then eat, play, and repeat.  It's amazing how easily she falls asleep if I catch her right at 90 minutes exactly. And while I am usually skeptical of sleep books, I found "The 90 minute Baby Sleep Program"...
Sounds like you have things under control, Lillytiger. I'm so glad today was such a better day. And i love the inage of you on your walk. I'm bad at confrontation too--ironically given my job, and continue to struggle with it with my nanny, especially in small things. In the latest particularly silly example, I somehow won't tell her I like my apples stored in the fridge, so she keeps taking them out and then I put them back in again and repeat. It's annoying and totally...
It will get better!  But I agree with Liz--don't feel embarrased or afraid to demand the care you want for your daughter.  If she needs to be walked for 45 minutes to get to sleep, and that is what you or your husband would do, that's what your nanny should do.  My nanny for example held my daughter for all of her naps for many months because it is the only way she would sleep.  Just make sure you adjust other expectations like how much housework will get done.  Also,...
So hard Penny.  I have to say, that for me, and a lot of other women I know,  the anticipation of going back to work was far harder and sadder than actually being at work.  Let yourself grieve the lost time with the baby, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that before you know it you'll settle into a routine and it won't seem nearly as bad as you feared. 
Oh, I feel for you.  My older daughter never really did take a bottle, even after I went back to work, causing tons of stress for all concerned.  This time around, it's been better but still hit or miss--some days my baby will take it no problem something my older daughter never did, but then other days she wants nothing to do with it.    FWIW, here's a copy of an email  I wrote to a friend about the issue a while back, when she was stressing about returning to work...
That's so annoying, Lilly.  Good luck on the nanny interviews, though.  Talking to them should give you a lot more clarity. 
Boots, that's tough.  When I started co-sleeping with my first and we had a queen bed, I actually kicked my husband to an air mattress, until we bought a king.    I wouldn't recommend this as a long term solution, but for a little while, say until the pack-and-play feels okay, it might be helpful. (FWIW, my husband loved it--some of the best sleep he had for a long time and really it didn't interfer with our sex life).    Sol-You can see what you think about a rail,...
We've had a nanny twice a week since I went back to work when my older daughter was 5 monhts, and I love it. She's amazing and its been so good for our family.  If money isn't the deciding factor, then for me a nanny is the easy call for an infant.  Socialization just doesn't matter or happen at this age, and one-on-one care is so great.  And I don't really know that I agree there is more of a guarantee in terms of quality in day care.  Just like nannys there are great...
Another car hater here.  It's so stressful.  And I've never tried to do a drive longer than 1.5 hours. NewMomJoy, I feel for you.  I hope it all went well yesterday. With both of my kids, flying has been infinitely easier than driving.  And I hope the move to Brooklyn goes well.  While it's small consolation, at least Brooklyn itself seems to have weathered the storm quite well.  None of my friends there even lost electricity.      I've also been worrying about how...