or Connect

Posts by mrledee

Hello everyone,   I am in the Navy and will soon be stationed at Naval Hospital Jacksonville in Florida.  My wife and I (yes i'm the dad) recently had twins in January and are very much wanting to adopt in the future (maybe in a year or so).  I am aware of the many challenges that come along with adopting (legal, financial,etc) and I'm looking for any advise I can get from people who have gone through the adoption process or know about the process.  We don't have a...
Hello,   I know this is an old post but I am moving to the Jacksonville area in October and hope to live in the Mandarin/Orange Park area.  I am in the Navy and will be stationed at the Naval Hospital.  My wife and I (yes I'm the dad writing) recently had twins, a boy and a girl that are about 7 months old now.  We are hoping to find some like-minded parents to meet and hang out with and have play dates with our children.  We  are also looking to find a nice...
Hello everyone, my wife and I currently have our 34 week old twins in the NICU, they were born at 30 weeks and so far are doing great. After doing a lot of research we have decided not to vaccinate. We have been approached by a lot of the doctors in the NICU and even a Chaplin about our decision on not vaccinating them. We know in our hearts that this is the right choice but at the same time we are worried about what will happen if they do get sick and how we can...
  Hello everyone,   My wife just gave birth to our preemie twins, a boy and a girl at 30 weeks! We are very excited.  When we told one of the doctors in the NICU that we didn't want to vaccinate but they were very persistent about the RSV vaccine. They told us that its a bad virus that that all preemies should get it. I've done a little reading on the subject and I saw mixed feelings about the vaccine.  I wanted to hear back from parents (especially parents of...
Hello everyone,   My wife just gave birth to our preemie twins, a boy and a girl at 30 weeks! We are very excited.  When we told one of the doctors in the NICU that we didn't want to vaccinate but they were very persistent about the RSV vaccine. They told us that its a bad virus that that all preemies should get it. I've done a little reading on the subject and I saw mixed feelings about the vaccine.  I wanted to hear back from parents (especially parents of...
I was looking up the rules regarding vaccinations before I posted on here and I found this document... http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/milpersman/6000/Documents/6320-010.pdf   I think I read somewhere that the Navy has an exemption to vaccinations.  Has anyone heard of this before?
Hello everyone,   We are expecting our first babies soon (twins due in a few months) and are looking to try out cloth diapers.  I've been doing a lot of research online comparing the different brands and we have decided to try the Best Bottom brand.  It seems to be the best overall.   I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with cloth diapering and which ones were the best and worst.  Also, since we have no experience with cloth diapering, any advise...
  Hello everyone,   My wife and I are expecting twins in the next few months and we are very excited.  We have both decided that we are not going to vaccinate our children.  I am enlisted in the Navy and she will deliver at BAMC (a military hospital in San Antonio, TX) and I wanted to hear from some parents who had experience not vaccinating their children that were in the military.   Did doctors hassle you or give you a hard time because you didn't vaccinate?...
Wow thanks for all those great links everyone.  I saw the one on the USDA site for WIC and I will be sure t print that one up and take it with me if anyone hassles me.  I was looking on the USDA site for something similar regarding SNAP and immunizations but I couldn't find anything.  Does anyone know if such literature exist somewhere?
Those are both good ideas.  Would you happen to know the job title of each of the jobs you mentioned?  I would like to look up more information on them, especially the caretaker job.  I want to read about things like educational requirements, salary, employment outlook, etc.