or Connect

Posts by Veritas Vitae

Smellier here too, but luckily I've had enough help to get in a shower on a regular basis. Now that B is headed back to work...I'm going to have to figure out the logistics of showers.  I'm interested in Tizzy's description of how she showers with her LOs, since Quinn seems to really like showers (and baths), since B is going to be out of town and won't be able to take the baby from me when I'm done washing her.   Joy, I'm sorry you have to wing it alone for a little...
I did cradle hold in a Moby, but I shifted her down and to the side more. I wore a nursing tank with disposable breast pads, so I didn't need a bra in addition to the tank (might not work w/o a nursing bra if you're larger chested), and just unlatched one side. I latched Q at the house before I left, to get her lined up and situated correctly in the wrap, and then I needed to only lightly support her head. The front panels of the wrap, that came over my shoulders,...
Sounds good, I have been having steel cut oatmeal with craisins, raisins, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds most days for breakfast (I was actually already doing this), then I got some brewer's yeast (which I'm still trying to figure out the best way to take, since it has a strong flavor, so far the winner is protein shake with brewer's yeast and bee pollen), MM Tea, and I'm going to make some no bake oatmeal cookies with milled flax seed.  I know now that Q is getting...
  Oh my goodness, the swing is turning out to be so wonderful for us. For the first couple of weeks Q was fine with laying down on the couch next to me or in her little side lying sleeper, but lately she has been waking up if we lay her down somewhere, since she wants to be held.  However, she loves the swing and will even chill in there awake, just looking around.  I feel so guilty when I put her in there, especially if she is awake, but she seems to like it. I think...
  I will have to try this trick.  I need to start building up a supply, and I got a little more milk today pumping, but only just over an oz in 30 minutes, and then my nipples were soooo sore for the next couple of hours.  On top of that, Quinn woke up immediately after I finished pumping and then spent the rest of the afternoon/night alternately eating for a short amount of time, crying at my nipple, and briefly falling asleep before starting that routine over again....
This exactly.
Boots, my sister said that when she went to work with her oldest (she is SAHM for her other kids) her supply was lower during the weekday, but it ramped up in the evenings and on weekends to meet the demand. I know this is just anecdotal, but your body should adjust to the new schedule. Hugs to all the mommas getting ready to go back to work. I'll be following along to see how it goes, since I'm a bit apprehensive about eventually going back.
Thanks for the resource, Lily, I went to the website and it made me feel much better.  I had my MIL here for this last week, and I was getting freaked out because she kept saying Quinn wasn't getting enough food, and that I needed to go to sleep or my supply would go down because I was too tired.  Then during the day, when Quinn was fussy, she would keep holding her, saying she wasn't hungry yet, and then wasn't giving her back until she was seriously frustrated, despite...
So over the last couple of days, Quinn has been more and more frustrated when she is trying to eat.  She'll often latch on and suck for a minute and then start crying, and this can go on for over an hour at night (usually around 2 hours or more).  She gets sooo frustrated and I don't think she is getting enough milk.  I had 2.5 ounces in the freezer that I had expressed back when I was engorged, and so I had B give that to her, and then she was happy, she latched on to...
Knittingmama as well, ifthe group is closed and unsearchable.