or Connect

Posts by Veritas Vitae

I do like some of the functionality of the Mothering group compared to the FB group.  I'd be okay with closing it. I like Tizzy's idea of doing a roll call and cleaning up the list, since we have over 100 members, but not nearly that many posters.
I just wanted to offer up some breastfeeding coverage advice based on my experimentation.  I've been trying a lot of different clothing options to find the combination that offered me good coverage when breastfeeding so that I felt comfortable.  The nursing bras and v-necks are nice for ease of access, but I still felt pretty exposed with essentially my whole breast out.  Another option I've been doing is a Bella Band on under a t-shirt, so I'm pulling my shirt up, but...
Congrats Jenna and LeAnn!
Mtngirl, I'm sorry that breastfeeding has been so tough for you. I've thought more than once that it would be so much easier to just formula feed, but the wrath of my sister and mother, the long term benefits of BFing, and the cost of formula have kept the temptation at bay, and things are starting to get easier now, which is nice, because it becomes more of a bonding time for us.   Nursing in public has been a bit intimidating for me as well, and I've tried to...
My cats do not seem to fazed by the addition of Q to the family.  We did break them in a bit by having my sister and nieces here for a month beforehand, and I imagine the relative peace and quiet since Q's arrival and the little girls departure has been welcome.  Lulu is dealing with the change better than Boxxy.  Boxxy tends to be more high stress and she has been a bit skittish and mostly tries to avoid Q.  She'll still sleep on the bed with us, but only sometimes, and...
Q sleeps in between us, but right up against me. She sleeps on her back or side and cuddles into my side, I am almost always topless for easy nighttime access.  I keep my arm wrapped around her head and side, so she is all tucked in besides me.  I sometimes side-lie and nurse, but usually if she is hungry at night, I'll sit up and nurse her, since she seems to prefer the higher contact when eating, she'll start to fuss if I keep trying to side-lie nurse.We usually keep...
I gained 27 total, and had lost 10 pounds at 3 days out.  I'm two weeks out now, and I don't know how much I weigh, but I can fit into some of my prepreg pants, but only my pants that were bigger before. I'm looking forward to when I can get back to exercising.
What hold are you using with the Moby wrap to nurse in?  B and I walked downtown to have dinner and I took Q in the Moby. I was trying to figure out logistically how I could nurse her in it if I needed to.
  Joy, I'm so happy for you!   Lily, I'm sorry that you're having a rough patch right now.  I hope that things work themselves out with Piper and breastfeeding.
nak   Quick question: Is anyone else's baby snotty/congested sounding? I asked my sister about it when Q was first born, and she said it was normal, but she still sounds congested sometimes at a week and a half, and I'm worried she might have her dad's allergies or that she could have a cold. Plus her eyes have been red, but that might be because she always seems to be trying to scratch her face.  I know I'm probably just over analyzing everything, but I don't know...