or Connect

Posts by Veritas Vitae

It's interesting to hear from everyone who is away from family and friends. We had planned a move prior to finding out we were pregnant and we figured we'd meet people at work or the gym. Nowise won't be working in an office right away and then I'll be going on maternity leave, so it will be interesting to see how meeting people goes. I am glad that I know about mothering. I've already put a few feelers out for LLL meetings and the like. I know DP will have to work a lot...
LilyTiger, how fun to take dance classes together.  Also, glad your leg infection is clearing up.   Ithappened, so sorry your son is feeling sick now.  Hope you all get better.     Ainh, I hope that you finally start feeling better soon.   AFM, I can't believe it is already Friday...I am so over busy season.  Hopefully tomorrow will be my last Saturday.  Also I have good and bad news to report.     Good news first!  We had our u/s for the NT test and...
LilyTiger, I love that idea!   Ninetales and Aimee, my twin sister did a gender reveal party and it was soooo exciting, no one but their friend who made the cake knew and it was amazing when the cake was cut!  The picture of the parents was funny b/c after 3 girls, when the cake was pink sis looked super excited (she would have been no matter what) and bil seemed to be looking for the blue .  We had our two sisters in CO on speaker phone,so they got to hear all the...
  Me too. I'm now at 5lbs at 11w2d.  However, I got up to this before and then went back down when I could finally use the restroom.  Stupid constipation.  I imagine I'll go back down another 1 or 2 lbs when that happens again. What a gross feeling.
I'm so glad everyone (mostly, sorry ainh and sallyrae) seems to be doing better.     I'm anxiously awaiting both the end of our mandatory 55 hour weeks and my first trimester, which actually mostly coincide...13 more workdays and 2 days off, or 12 more days of the first trimester...you can't tell I'm tracking that can you?  Both have been really tough. I seem to be managing the m/s better.  I'm still nauseous, but it has gone from a constant, to right before...
Intime, I was terrified of taking that step, but after 2 hours of not being able to leave the bathroom and extreme pain, I would have tried anything to fix it.  And yep, It happened,      Thebyr, you're right, pregnancy (the 1st tri) is something else, I've never felt sexier...   Why doesn't anyone tell you this before you get pregnant?
Sometimes I think I'd like to wait, but DP definitely wants to know, and I definitely won't mind knowing. He won't even consider names until we know the gender. Mostly I don't want to know because I think I would prefer to get more gender neutral clothes, I don't want frilly girly things or boys clothes with sports things on it.  But I also don't want clothes with characters on them (i.e. Pooh, Disney, other cartoons).  I feel like not knowing the sex would prevent a lot...
Arcane and DesertSunsets, your photos are beautiful.     It seems to me that the part of my belly that is sticking out is not low enough to be baby. When I look at these pictures, it seems my love handles and breasts are the only parts really growing. Here is my comparison shot with my newest photo. It turns out the 9 week belly was due to constipation   
 I'm reading along, but still have super long hours at work and super short, tired nights.
MsZelda, when I had the severe constipation issue, two things helped me.  It had been like a week, and in a dire situation I  used an enema at the suggestion of my sister, 5 minutes later and I wouldn't say I was all good, but I could function.  Prior to that my DP had picked me up Milk of Magnesia after Googling Zofran, constipation, and pregnancy. It's not good for regular use, but I guess it is okay every once in a while. I took it before my sister suggested the...