or Connect

Posts by Veritas Vitae

Monkey, we've shared so much throughout our pregnancies, dark urine seems like a nonstarter.   I'm having trouble staying hydrated, but it is because I get stuck under the baby or caught up in trying to clean, cook, take care of animals all by myself.  I'll mean to fill my water, and then get distracted by a bunch of other things, or I will filll my water, and then leave it somewhere when I got distracted by doing other things.
Monkey and Lily, Quinn is a nonchalant spitter-upper too. It bothers me more than it bothers her, which is to say not at all.  She also frequently gets hiccups, which doesn't bother her either.  She consistently got hiccups when I was pregnant too, so at this point it is old hat.   B and I came up with a scale for poops, since B isn't here to experience them, I can just give him a number and he knows what I'm dealing with.  Anyone else do this?   Poo Scale 1....
Monkey, I'm still having nipple soreness when she latches on, I think because of using the pump, because it is always worse after that.  Since it isn't the whole time I'm feeding her, I've just gone with it. I had stopped pumping for a couple days and then I didn't have an issue, so I guess the pump has a bad latch that is causing pain...
I've been contemplating driving down to stay with B's parents for a couple days while he is gone. But it is a 5 hour drive, so not sure I want to make it by myself. His mom would be such a help though, and they would love to see Quinn.
I also wanted to share this blog I just found, it has some good ideas on it.   100 Days of Real Food
I like the shredded chicken idea. I was just thinking about cooking up a bunch of chicken breasts during the weekend to eat off of for the week. How long can you keep chicken in the fridge? I also like the idea of hard boiling some eggs. I used to always keep hard boiled eggs around, don't know why I stopped.    Breakfast - Oatmeal - steel cut with dried fruit and nuts, milled flax and brewer's yeast Egg sandwich - bagel with fried egg and peanut butter or cheese...
Can you explain again how this rolled blanket works? I am having trouble picturing it and it would be nice if I could fit Q better in the Ergo.  The Moby is such a pain to get into that I don't really use it, so I'd love to start using the Ergo more.    I have a karma baby pouch that I like, but Quinn doesn't, I think the fabric might be scratchy to her, it is the SPF breathable fabric or something, so I'm excited to get the pouch my sister made for me.  Plus, I...
I'm thinking about traveling with B for work if he is working in state. It isn't an option when he flies, but it looks like after the next two and a half weeks he will be working closer to home.
Thanks for the kind words. I felt much better when B got home, but it was sort of a bummer that he was only home for half a day. While I was happy to hand Q off to him when he walked in the door, I wanted to smack B upside the head for making annoyed sounds when she woke up during the night. And when he tried to wake her up at 5am to check if she was still breathing...I guess I've just gotten more comfortable with her sleeping cycles while he still gets a little freaked...
Ohh,Quinn got baby acne, and now that I think about it, it aligned with when I made no bake cookies and started eating them like they were going out of style. Good thing they're gone now. Q is also very gassy, I do the little bicycle stretch with her legs, and then push them both towards her belly together and it usually helps her fart.  She is like Baby Bird in that sometimes it makes her fussy and sometimes she just doesn't care and farts. I am trying to be more...