or Connect

Posts by Shinyredstar

Mine too! Same thing... Anterior for the longest time and then she flipped around sometime a few a few days ago.
Trying to avoid an induction on Thursday night, so I'll be trying this with a nice walk, a foot rub on the accupressure points, and a little one on one time with hubby tomorrow evening. And lots of positive visualization! Thanks for sharing
It's been a while, but it seems like that's a pretty fair comparison. I do remember toward the end that the pressure felt a lot like having a really awful case of diarrhea type cramps. I was talking to my brother's girlfriend who had her first about 9 months ago and said it was a much different type of pain than she'd anticipated, which left her feeling a lot of anxiety during the process. She said she'd expected for it to feel like really enhanced Braxton Hicks...
I've also started my leave, which just gives me time to finish up a couple of things - you know, things like cleaning the bathroom before the baby is born. The big stuff. Ha. I spent the weekend working on some craft projects- dyeing some onesies and making some little headbands and hair accessories, wondering if she'll even have hair, and just generally trying to kill time. Found some awesome deals on some baby clothes at a thrift store this weekend, have out of town...
I think it's very normal. I'm a 4th time mom and have been feeling a lot the same way. To some degree, I think that's one of the challenges of being a mother- you always have those worries, but they change (from did I do enough kegels to did I traumatized my kid because I was snappy at them this morning) but there are also sweeter rewards to balance it out- like sticky little baby kisses and such. The best thing you can do is try to relax. It gets easier, and this part is...
Hadley is very cute! I have a negative name association with a Lydia. BUT! It is close to a new name that we added that I'm starting to really like- Lila. So maybe you were on to something thank you for the suggestion!
Maybe your friend would be willing to give you the money back and you could just get the bassinet and use that idea? I see them pretty regularly on Craigslist for pretty cheap. Use that right next to your bed for a while (the one we had could be raised/lowered) and then see what works best for you. If you do end up cosleeping, people will just assume baby's in the bassinet and not express concerns?
If you don't feel like it's safe, maybe it's best not to use it just for your own sanity. If it were me, I'd be nervous about it and that would make me too anxious to sleep and sort of defeat the whole purpose. Personally, I never understood them. Seemed like you might as well just put baby in a bassinet right next to the bed and just put your arm in it to soothe? That was how I started with my first son then he eventually made it into our bed. The biggest plus in...
Welcome! I keep going back and forth between feeling ready and feeling a little sad about the pregnancy ending because I've really enjoyed being pregnant this time around. However... I'm being induced next Thursday night for medical reasons so i'm now moving over to desperately hoping that I'll go into spontaneous labor very soon. I've been given the go ahead to try pretty much anything I'd like to get it going (with the exception of castor oil, apparently) and I'm going...
So exciting! Congratulations and sounds like a very easy labor!