or Connect

Posts by Shinyredstar

It seems like you're starting to feel a little better about things... I'm glad to hear that (and I hope that I'm right about that?)   I'm doing okay- I've continued to have issues with my BP being elevated. It seems to be sticking at around 140/90. Had an appointment with my perinatologist and my OB this week, and I don't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia so she's deciding not to pursue it at this point, with instructions to watch carefully for any developments...
I think nearly every pregnant woman I've known has spent the last month of her pregnancy convincing herself that it's going to happen sooner. I think it's kind of a coping mechanism for dealing with the discomfort of the last month, a readiness to meet the little one, and comments from people about how you "aren't going to make it till then!"I've caught myself doing it a lot recently, too
Thanks! That is helpful... I've tried plenty on in stores, but have yet to find any that fit and just don't feel like spending a bunch of time/money on ordering online and returning, etc. With my last pregnancies I've just managed in poorly fitted bras with big ugly gaps or used sports bras that left me with a giant uniboob and I was hoping to at least find something that fit this time around.  Appreciate the links!
I'm in your DDC, so I've seen some of your concerns about it, and can also empathize with the components of it that you're posting here. I'm starting to have some issues, too. I was actually in the hospital the other night for a few hours for observation after my BP continued to increase over subsequent visits and then was reading at 158/90 over two appointments with different doctors on the same day, along with some headaches. I also had the same concerns about cuff...
This isn't a pretty topic, but as I get closer to delivery I'm getting increasingly anxious about... Well, the state of my bum. I got hemmorhoids during my first delivery and they've gotten progressively worse with each child and I'm already starting to have issues now. After my last delivery it was very painful and took a long time to resolve. I tried being careful with my pushing last time to try to avoid it, but when I did I wasn't pushing effectively, etc. used witch...
I had my gallbladder out when I was 5 months pregnant with my middle son. It's been a while so I din't completely remember how it felt, but I do recall the pain being more in my upper back and shoulder and close to indigestion, maybe? I just remember thinking that the pain didn't seem to correlate with the location of the problem. I will say that it was definitely something I couldn't ignore and for me came in suddenly. I spent the night in pain with no relief measures I...
Anyone have suggestions for a good but inexpensive plus size nursing bra?
Glad to hear that tge results were good, even if the experience wasn't great!
With each of my pregnancies I've felt pretty convinced through the last 3-4 weeks that labor was imminent, and that seems to be the case with many pregnant women I know. I think that feeling is reinforced by the number of people who comment about how "it's going to be any day now, looks like it's coming soon!" I'm actually really enjoying this pregnancy and don't feel at all ready for it to end but I definitely feel all the work that my body is doing to prepare itself,...
I don't know that I really believe it and haven't bothered to look for statistics to prove/disprove it, but my OB said that the thinking is that diabetics are prone to larger babies and as a result are more often breech because the baby "knows" that it's too large to effectively pass through the birth process so they turn away. I get what she was trying to convince me of- that maybe the baby knows better and that it's not turning because of some physical reason that may...