or Connect

Posts by Shinyredstar

In my opinion? One word. Liability. That being said, I've got a planned induction at 39 weeks because that is the standard for diabetics and I couldn't find a local provider to take on my care who felt otherwise. The hope is that I'll go into labor before but I feel doubtful about that happening based on my history of carrying to term so i'll be trying all the home methods myself. Everything you listed as well as accupressure. I don't feel confident any if them will work...
So sorry. Vent all you want, that's what we're here for. Mine was hanging out breech for most of the pregnancy and turned a couple of weeks ago, head down since but I'm still worried she'll turn again. I'm in a high risk pregnancy and as a result I'm having to be induced at 39 weeks. People kept saying not to worry, that she'd turn at the last minute but I felt like she wasn't going to have a natural 'last minute' to turn and my OB was just making me feel like she was way...
That makes sense with the blankets. With the hats... One for the babe's head and one for each breast if it's cold?
Wow! These pictures really are just so beautiful! Thanks for feeling comfortable enough to share.
I hope things feel better soon, Flo. While I can't necessarily relate to the reasons, I was concerned about it with my youngest of three sons. We didn't find out his gender until after birth because we couldn't pick it up in our ultrasound (to this day he's a modest little bugger) but I was really concerned about how I'd feel having another boy. I grew up with all women - two sisters, my mom was from a family of 5 girls who primarily had daughters, my DH is the oldest of...
Yeah that seemed like a bit much, too. I've also been looking at blogs with lists of what people actually ended up using vs what they brought or thought they needed/were told to bring. Thinking of doing separate bags since we're going to be about 45 minutes from home. One we take in that's got the definites and then another bag of the things that might seem like a good idea later that we'll leave in the trunk and I can send DH or my mom down for if I end up...
It's already started... the influx of gifts! I'm not sure why I really chose to do a registry. We're not having a shower until after the babe is born so friends from out of town can meet her, and I firmly believe that people just want to get what they want to get and don't care what you want. On the other hand, I feel like it's a gift and I'm usually happy for whatever that is- my friends and family know me well enough that they're usually pretty close, but it just...
Had my weekly appointment with the perinatologist yesterday and things went well. I've been stable on my insulin for the last 5 weeks, which feels pretty spectacular. Having a growth scan next week but the past few have been good and my blood sugars have been where they need to be, so I'm not terribly concerned about it- she was in the 75th percentile for size at our first and 63rd at the most recent, so her size feels nice and average. Macrosomia, Schmacrosomia. ;) Best...
Hey, boots... just thought I'd see if things had gotten better for you.
I like nameberry's lists and we were on the question of the week on the front page last month got some interesting ideas. The forums are helpful, but be warned that people can be quite blunt (interneter syndrome) if you post a question for asking for help- telling you straight out that they hate your name ideas and what you've suggested is horrible, etc. I've had a really hard time with names, too. I still don't feel like I've found one that really makes me happy but at...