or Connect

Posts by number572

I won't quote you in case you don't want quoted but I saw that you posted about 2 weeks ago and was coming by to wish you strength.  That is how it works, they do try to come back.  If you recognize this type of pattern, just keep reading this article every few days.  Be strong!
Hi!  Thx for thinking of him.  Us.  We haven't moved yet, issues with our buyer's loan, so the dates keep getting pushed.  He's doing great, has his little routine now for cat things he seems to like to do, lol.  He's still having some stress from the harness I'm trying to get him used to, the first one he was ok with but he ended up being able to get out of it, so I switched to a different type and when I put it on him he just lays down and won't walk much.  We're...
Also, just thought of this... I think there's a difference between someone telling someone not to have more kids, with an inference that they aren't able to handle the ones they've got, so "please, stop having kids!"  ...   and someone saying "hey, please consider the bigger population studies before having more kids"...   At least that's my take on this topic.  I honestly think that someone talking about considering the current general population issues is not...
I don't think it's a terrible thing to have someone on a discussion board with a different opinion.  There are many people who are aware of a huge population problem on Earth, with facts to back up the concerns.  There are some good documentaries available which summate what seems to be hippiemom's point.  I don't see why it's cool for people to be jumping all over her for voicing her opinion.       ETA, population issues have little to do with what kind of parent...
Oh, ok, I understand... thx, journeymom.  It seems like the factor of divorce is a fairly small portion of everything involved within that particular research project.  I jumped to a conclusion when I read the OP and got defensive -  and I should have gone to check out the full study before dismissing the whole idea.  Haste makes waste!
Ants love my bathroom.  They come for the water that gathers in the drain seal, toilet bowl, water droplets on the shower walls and tub after showering.  When I towel dry everything, I come back to find a long trail of them that continues down into the drain pipe, so I have to dry everything and then plug all of the sinks, but they still go for the toilet.  I'm also at wits end.  Food grade diatomaceous earth worked great in my garage for fleas but is a huge mess in the...
Has anyone done research on emotional health, adult relationship health and early death of adult children of parents who stay together but fight constantly?  As an adult child of divorced parents, studies like this really bother me.  Mostly b'c there is nothing that can be changed now.  Why add to the hurt of what has already happened?  I think most people who have had painful childhoods containing parental absence or loss are really just trying to move forward.  ANd...
Adobe Lightroom for editing is cheaper than PS and good for certain types of editing, depending on what type of editing capabilities you need.   Lynda.com for in depth tutorials of Lightroom (& also Photoshop and many other programs, if you ever need more... Lynda is 25$/month and totally worth it, imo.)
The thing is, with your last update, you say that you did your job properly.  So, thats it.  You did your job as well as it needed to be done.  Any reaction on his part, other than the normal level of verification from coworkers, that you did your job completely, is all on him.   There is no need to let him get to you.  Maybe he has control issues of his own and you are the recipient at work, who knows?  People are weird and sometimes annoying.  You've done your job...
A reason why rats are deterred by catnip/catmint:  (link says that a chemical in catnip smells like cat urine -  "trans-nepetalactone smells just like a chemical found in a dominant female cat's urine.")  {quote from article linked below} http://www.scienceiq.com/facts/iscatnipadrugforcats.cfm   Also, we had a raccoon problem and were recommended to buy coyote urine or bobcat urine, available at outdoor sports stores, and soak cotton balls in it and line the perimeter...