or Connect

Posts by Jordan Wildman

My DS has been on a 5am wake up kick needing milk, we have been lying in bed nursing but he is usually anxious and ready for play by 6am which wakes our 3.5 year old which makes EVERYONE crabby. I think he is used to the morning time routine and I know he is tired and would go back to sleep but I can't get him past the need for milk that early in the morning. He woke up with daddy and was fine without milk for an hour while I rested but I am exhausted! I work a lot of...
Have you tried eliminating corn. My DS is allergic to what seems like everything and we follow a paleo diet but corn and anything derived from corn are a major no no for us.
WE started AAT tx with my son, they were expensive and wondering if anyone has experience with this as well. I want to restart
We went to an AAT practitioner and he can test for sensitivities and we came up with corn. We notice anything with corn in it sends our little guy (15 months) into a tizzy and Gi problems for days. We are grain and gluten free (minus rice), dairy, egg, soy and corn free. It's so hard but well worth a try to see if eliminating corn (starch, syrup, flour) will help. I can commisserate!
I love bf my 15 month old but I am so exhausted. he will not go to nap or bed unless he passes out on the boob which has recently started in the last month. he will cram and not nap which leads to exhaustion a good nights sleep that night then flowed by a day of no napping again. I am so tired. he was up at 1am and had a horribly nights sleep and I know he is exhausted. I nursed him to nap o laid him down and he woke and screamed.bloody murder until I took him out. I can't...
I am in a rush so I haven't read the other responses so I apologie if someone has already mentioned this. We have a 3.5 year old much like this and we (approved by doc) have started to give him a tiny dose of melatonin to help him get to sleep and use BACHS sleep remedy to help him sleep (night terrors). It has been life changing for us and totally safe. You can just do the melatonin for a couple months to get him in the routine but the sleep remedy we have used for...
Thanks all. We took him to an AAT practicioner and found corn, wheat, dairy, grains (need to explore what grains though, hoping we can still do quinoa), acids (WOW!), soy, sugars, proteins and chicken. We will do a GF diet and the corn is a hard one. I agree that his body is always in constant state of alert so it makes a lot of sense now. Poor little man!  Tanks for the corn allergy information, that's super helpful. We did an acid treatment last night so I'm hoping it...
Hi all, need some help here. DS is 14 months old in a few weeks and still breastfed. We have had no dairy for over a year and isseverely alergic to it. Lately, I cannot get him to eat anything without having a tummy ache. no berries, grapes, (haven't tried citrus), peas, corn, beans (even me) and nwo I'm curious about grains. I do little to no grains but I feel like he has been eating a ton of them and has major poops all day for the last few weeks ad now a really sore...
I can relate. I got a full lower arm tattoo and am just re-entering the workplace as a therapist working with mostly children and adolescents. I covered up for a while until built rapport with them and then let it shine, I'm NOT wearing long sleeves in 110 degree heat :)  I think as long as you are confident that tattoo's do not tell the story of who you are you will be fine. Initially, I would keep it somewhat covered but a bit visible in case employers notice and want...
Hi All, My three year old LOVES his milk but after careful observation, I'm thinking that dairy may be the culprit for his hyperactivity and agressiveness. I am dairy free as well as my younger son so I'm well-versed on the substitutions and all that but I'm not having luck switching up his morning and evening/bedtime milk. He LOVES his milk at night and has had it as part of his routine.   We have tried flax milk and it's sweet, he is doing better at night without...