or Connect

Posts by RandomActofMuse

He tried that. Child support enforcement said they wouldn't lower it (and then told me I could give some back if I wanted, which doesn't make any sense to me...) because his financial situation changed about two months after I filed and they don't do modifications for a year after the original filing date (and, I think, a year after each modification too).
My reasons for being worried about him hurting her are related to the mental instability thing from my FIRST post, not because of his behavior with my son last year. I brought that up by way of explaining the broken promises. I don't worry that he'd hurt her when he's thinking and acting normally, but I am worried that he would hurt her when he was having one of his "depressed" swings. Those can last a few hours to a week, depending on the trigger and whether or not he...
No, my older child isn't his. We met when J was almost 3.   He sees C a few times a week, but never alone. It's usually an hour or two at a time and I'm there the whole time because she's still nursing on demand.   I think here the child support and the visitation are handled by different judges; child support can be handled out of court through the county office as long as it isn't contested, and he was cooperative when I filed. His visitation hasn't changed...
Florida
Jeannine: He did get violent with me a few times when we fought near the end of our relationship. He was angry. He never left marks, but he hit me, pushed me, shoved me into things, and in one memorable instance tried to strangle me. But again, no marks or witnesses, so it would be my word against his.   His broken promises: "I'll never hurt the kids." He got rough with my son when J woke up with night terrors in December 2010 - hit his face, held him down, covered...
The first father's rights were terminated because of his abuses. He's not an issue.   As far as the sole custody thing goes - I have sole physical custody. When I called around for consultations, I was told that sole custody was assumed because I was the mother and he and I were never married.
She spends all her time with me. The longest I have ever left her with anyone was four hours. More commonly, it's less than two hours a WEEK that she's away from me.   And I'm going to seem defensive here, but:   > Does his support truly cover all the costs of raising a child:  not just the obvious costs, but your time that is sacrificed raising the child, and could instead be spent earning more money and building your work experience, in hopes of higher earnings...
Hi, all. I'm new here, was referred by a friend on another website for advice on this. Was referred here by someone on a different forum.   My ex and I live in Florida. We have an almost 9-month-old daughter (C) and I also have an older child (J) from a prior relationship. I currently have sole custody of both my kids. Ex (R) is making some very serious noises about wanting to file for joint custody of C. Like, soon. As in Monday. He wants to go to an attorney on...
Hi, all. I'm new here, was referred by a friend on another website for advice on this. Was referred to this board by someone on another board   My ex and I live in Florida. We have an almost 9-month-old daughter (C) and I also have an older child (J) from a prior relationship. I currently have sole custody of both my kids. Ex (R) is making some very serious noises about wanting to file for joint custody of C. Like, soon. As in Monday. He wants to go to an attorney on...
I'll do that, thanks.