or Connect

Posts by chenchen

It sounds like he has a very observant and inquisitive nature. It can be wearing! I used to joke that my DD would certainly grow up to be an investigative reporter because she had such a special knack for devising questions that drove right to the heart of what she wanted to know and ran circles around any vagueries I tried to pass off when I wasn't in the mood. The scenarios you layed out remind me very much of that stage with DD. I tried to think of it as a game,...
Wow, surprised how much this varies with location. In our area it is a consistent $25 per 30 minute private lesson. Many, many things we've been able to find a private person teaching for less than the going rate (piano lessons, karate, tennis, etc), but swim is the one thing that seems to have an unbreakable price tag. Based on the price you were given (if the person giving it was a reliable source - it strikes me as odd that he didn't have a more exact answer), then I...
I'm of two minds on this one. On the one hand, I like how accepting she has been of the 2nd hand clothes scenario, and may wish to reward her with an occasional splurge, and £12 isn't a bank-breaker. From that perspective, I might want to treat her. On the other hand, I think instant gratification with kids and consumerism is a dangerous thing, so I'd be nervous that this might alter her expectations in the future. As I've been typing this out, I've concluded that I...
I keep rereading your OP to be sure I'm interpreting the situation correctly. I am concluding that you want her to speak to you in French exclusively. Are you doing OPOL and then majority language out in town? If that is the case, then I think the way you are handling it is best. If she speaks a single word in English, as an identification, as kids do when pointing things out, you could validate her saying in French, "Yes, that is an "apple". We say pomme." So, you're...
hahaha! I hate them!!! But I must never let DD know, as she loves them and gets me one whenever she has the chance! That they cost $6 just adds insult to injury!
Where is the wedding taking place? Perhaps it would be possible to have daughter with a sitter nearby or onsite (for instance in a room if the wedding is in a hotel) and then you could sneak out to nurse her from time to time. I personally do think it's rude to ask the bride directly, unless she is a very close friend or family member. Another option would be to RSVP no with a handwritten note on the response card, something like, "Wish we could be there for your...
Just browsing in this forum and saw that this didn't get any responses. I have a girl, so I'm not full of ideas in this department. One idea that did pop into my head was to maybe buy him shorts fitted with an athletic cup (you know, the hard plastic kind) that he could wear during soccer. If the behavior only bothers you then (maybe your concerned about teasing?) that might take care of it. Of course, it doesn't solve the problem for other times. Perhaps this bump...
I would also be hesitant to place his in an environment where the administration is already a little hostile to his presence. I would do it if there weren't other/better options, but it would not be my first choice. To that end, is your only reservation about homeschooling the social interaction piece? If that's the case, I would strongly urge you to reconsider homeschooling as an option. His homeschool experience really can be as social as you decide. Depending on...
HOLY MOLY - who are these people??? That is seriously crazy!!!
It's utterly bizarre! If they had been their first, and your child came trampling all over their kids, then it might make some sense, but ti come in and expect another child to vacate the equipment so that yours can use it is just poor manners regardless of age! The only other possibility that makes any sense to me is if it was specifically toddler equipment as mentioned by a PP, but in that case, I still feel it is inappropriate for them to address your dc while there...