or Connect

Posts by candiland

Well, I viewed his emails. Oh, yes, it is most definitely true. I'll get back with more info. when I have more time...
Well, I know it was at least partially true because the girl knew details. One of the things that hurt the most was the fact that he apparently said he has been dreaming about his ex every night, waking up wanting desperately to be near her -- and she knew his ex's name. (!) It was after this sentiment was expressed that he said it "made sense that all this was coming about now, since I've been living with a girl for three years now that I love like a sister" & has...
Yes, we are in a relationship. It was a very rocky start, to say the least. But we talked and talked and talked and he's been helping out with the kids, treating me well (or so I thought), and putting forth a real effort to make us feel very loved and wanted. Me walking out the door scared the bejesus out of him, and it seemed as though he made a real effort to prioritize his life. So then this came along and just blindsided me... why would he try so hard to make this...
...has apparently been e-mailing his 19 yo. ex-student. A ton. Told this girl in one of his e-mails that "the person I've been living with for three years feels like a sister to me" and that he has little desire to do more than hug and kiss me on the cheek. I found this out through a mutual acquaintance who's good friend is friends with this 19 year old girl he's been e-mailing. I was sworn sworn sworn to secrecy not to say anything. I am seething mad and upset beyond...
Hmm, that's a very good question. I think it's virtually impossible to prepare for every life scenario in advance. It sounds like you had a rough time in school and you'd like to find a way for your own child to somehow escape the more difficult, sometimes traumatic aspects of life. Unfortunately, the only thing we, as parents, can do is to try to give them a set of life tools to utilize when the going gets rough. Were you able to communicate with your parents...
Sorry, but for me, the health of my child is tantamount. Pumped milk is still, by far, soooooooooooo superior to a dead, canned, chemical substance that it's akin to asking whether to feed your child McDonald's or Whole Foods at every single meal. : Bonding is great, but it is tremendously risky to actively choose to feed your child formula. You may be setting him or her up for a lifetime's worth of illness and disease. That just isn't cool, imo.
MommaFox - yes, actually, I can't watch those birth shows because of the reason you stated, lol. I get too infuriated with all the blatant lies and misinformation on those shows.
For me, it just twists me up in knots to think many of these people put waaaaaaaay more time and research into buying a car or the latest laptop model yet obviously haven't done much, if any, research regarding birth and breastfeeding and circumcision........ I mean, c'mon, people, priorities. You are bringing another human being into the world and you haven't educated yourself on these things? It makes me sick. ETA: ah, yes, Erin, looks like we're on the same page...
Thanks, everybody. I really don't know what is wrong with him. He claims there is absolutely nothing wrong with him, that it's just who he is and if I don't like it then leave. So it's not like he'll even go for help to better our relationship. And it hurts to think he would rather lose me then really work at our relationship, yk?
My boyfriend and I lived together a year ago. Then I moved out, because it just wasn't working and I didn't feel that the kids should be subjected to our relationship drama. We worked hard on our relationship for the year I was gone. Or so I thought. We moved back in together a couple of weeks ago, me with dreams of when his lease expires In July, we were going to get a house together and really make a future for ourselves and my kids. Ha! Wishful thinking. ...