or Connect

Posts by candiland

My bf and I watched it last night. It's a movie about surfer "Doc" Pashkowitz. He's a doc who had nine kids and lived in a camper with them and his wife. He didn't vaccinate, send the kids to school, anything. Surfing was their life. It was a great movie. I highly recommend it! If you did see it - what are your thoughts on the family themselves?
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, the school counselor has been made aware of the issues regarding "A" since her first visit to my home last year. I contacted the counselor when A and her mom first walked past the children making inappropriate comments. I didn't call to "tattle" - I called to ask for advice on how to best handle the situation for the children and for A, because she apparently doesn't have many friends at school due to whatever emotional issues are going...
I am totally serious. A bit of background: My daughter had a little girl, A, in her class last year. One evening last year, I saw her in the neighborhood and invited her over to play one night and have pizza with my daughter, son, and a group of kids whose family watches them after school until I get off work. The kids pleaded with me to not have her over. I got very upset and let them know how disappointed I was that they would treat another human being this...
I have a horrible confession to make. When I'm feeling particularly *low*, there's this one grocery store in my neighborhood that I go to to make myself feel better. Because I always know I'll be the best looking person in that particular grocery store. Am I going to hell now? lol
I spent an hour overtime at work today because one acct. was totally f'ed up and it took me that long to make my final day's deposit match. I was in tears.
Um, I have always called my daughter baby woman and my son baby man, lol. And I always say "Son!" or "Daughter!" in either a very joking voice or in a very stern voice, depending on the circumstances! It's not even a conscious thing... well, it wasn't until now. Thanks a LOT.
I just want to preface this story by saying I really really work hard on understanding social justice, white privilege, class and race issues, civil liberties, things of that nature. I followed a coworker to the auto body shop so she could drop her car off. While I was waiting, I had the windows down. It was getting really hot and muggy with no breeze whatsoever, so I was about the roll up my windows to turn the AC on when I saw a person of color walking toward my...
Where I live, you can practically consume your water via osmosis, lol. It is so freaking humid you're just wet and sticky 24 hours a day! Sorry to go OT....
Hello, everyone! My six year old boy is a very, very picky eater. This child would live off of pizza if it were up to him. My 8 yo. girl is quite adventurous, and if it were up to the two of us, we'd have a steady stream of Indian food, sushi, yummy tofu dishes and salmon steaks, lol. But no matter what I suggest and serve for dinner - outside of the junk that his father feeds him, like chicken nuggets and pizza - he turns his nose up at. I am a big stickler...
Just out of curiosity... My boyfriend and I are thinking about purchasing a home together sometime in the next year or two. I have been looking around at homes - not seriously yet, mind you, just kinda noticing what types of homes are for sale in certain neighborhoods - and I can't help but wonder what the average income is for the families in these neighborhoods. How old are you? About how much does your household bring in per year? ETA: I tried to make an...