or Connect

Posts by candiland

I can wiggle my ears, flare my nostrils, and waggle one eyebrow all at once. Also, I have a "butt tongue". It doesn't point or come out of my mouth fully like most other people's do. When I stick it out, it resembles a butt, lol. This was me drunk in Philly last weekend: "Hey! My tongue can't touch my nose, because I have a BUTT TONGUE! Hey, guys, wanna see my BUTT TONGUE?"
I used SNAP certificates for all three of my cats. (Spay and Neuter All Pets). The kids and I took in a stray cat and kept her inside.... but she was already pregnant, unbeknownst to us. She had a litter of six and we kept two. She got out ONE TIME between having the kittens and her spay appt. and got pregnant again. They said they only accepted the certificates on cats a certain age who weren't pregnant or in heat, but I guess they were so happy with my dedication...
Hey, look, I'm not trying to point fingers or anything. I eat meat and drive a car, despite the fact that I feel like I shouldn't do either one. It's just the fact that people pay hundreds - sometimes thousands - of dollars for an animal when there are loving animals already here who need a home.... and guess what? It's cheap, if not free, to save the lives of the ones already in existence. With the pet overpopulation problem so out of control, I would think the only...
Birth, circumcision, and breastfeeding. Figures, huh? lol ETA: I know what you mean, tho, OP. If it's not something I'm insanely interested in, I just don't have the time, patience, and brain function to absorb tons of info.
Frankly, when I read your thread title the first thought that popped into my head was the other, more traditional use of the word "grounding". I kind of see grounding as putting responsible boundaries and limits on children -- helping them to become centered and more grounded individuals. For example, if my five year old is exhausted and anything I do exacerbates his already foul mood, I might put him in a space where he can re-ground himself and slowly come back to his...
Personally, I think the only responsible thing to do is to save a puppy or dog who is destined to die. If more people saved animals from shelters, it would help quell the breeding business, and less innocent canines would be put to death every year. Just my .02.
I'm having the same prob., but he will actually lie to avoid it. Like, claim he wiped - there'll even be t.p. in the toilet! - so when I go to check him with a wipe or t.p., it's obvious he's fibbing so I'll do it for him. I don't want to be a monster, but this is getting old. He'll be six next month!! I'll be watching this thread veeeeeeeeeery closely, lol.
I am having some trader joe's coffee with cream and sugar... my children were with their dad this weekend, and my boyfriend and I stayed up waaaaaaaaaaay too late playing rock band. So I am now nursing a hangover (the game is dangerous! I didn't realize how many Heavy Seas beers I had drank!), looking outside the window at the beautiful spring sun, and trying to motivate myself to do some shopping and errands today. I finally cleared out all our closets and dressers and...
Yep. Every time I've looked at your location, the song has gotten stuck in my head, lol.
Quote: Originally Posted by MomToKandE Don't worry, no snark taken. I recognize the double standard and it does bother me. I am a product of my culture though. Before I was pg with my ds (age 4) I'd never spent much time thinking about MGM. Circ was just what was done if you had a boy. During the pregnancy dh was very pro-circ. It would have been very easy for me to give in to the "well he's the one with a penis so he'd know better than I would"...