or Connect

Posts by candiland

When you know better, you do better. If someone has all the facts laid before them and still chooses to do so simply because it's engrained in their culture, we wouldn't make very good friends to begin with, because I simply don't mesh well with people who do things just because everyone else is doing things. I surround myself by very thoughtful and intelligent people. So the chances of us even moving in the same circles is pretty low. I might keep them around for...
Nope, just pointing out the double standard.
Ironically, most of the false information about female circ. is identical to the same false information about male circ. Perhaps if female circ. was legal in those countries, their girls would have access to clean, sterile hospitals and professionals where it would be less likely to go wrong. For the record, male circ. is more damaging than the mere removal of the clitoral hood. If I remember correctly, it would be the rough equivalent of removing the outer labia,...
A doctor can prescribe a cream to treat this type of herpes simplex virus. You put it on five times a day. Can your dentist do that for you, perhaps?
Quote: Originally Posted by mamalisa When I was pg with ds we were joking that we'd never know if we had an ugly baby, because no one would tell us and obviously we wouldn't be able to tell. A friend of our promised to tell us if he was ugly LOL, my sister and I had this conversation before my second child was born. The day after I had him, I called her and said, "Remember that conversation we had? About 'do moms realize when their babies...
I get Nicole Kidman, too. I don't really see it at all, though.
Don't feel bad. I do this stuff all the time. My most recent screw up: Just last week, my dd, who's eight, had her usual crew of friends over from the neighborhood, plus one new girl who'd never been over before. This new girl, Piper, was scared to death of everything. Really strange. Wouldn't hold a kitten, was very jumpy at noises, that sort of thing. Well, excuse me, but it was a Friday nite, the end of a very long week. I popped some leftover pizza into the...
Happyhippiemama, I nearly peed myself reading your post!!! In my mind, all the names you guys are saying rhyme. I would get stared at like I had two heads if I pronounced them the "proper" way, like I was faking an accent or something! There's no difference in them....... you just grasp the meaning through the context/usage of the word.
Another vote for racist here.
I hope it's okay if I join. My story is a bit different, as my mom passed when I was four. I think this was both a blessing and a curse to be so young. A curse because I feel like I never really got to "know" her - and a blessing for that same reason. I didn't have a dad.... I was an "oops" baby born twelve and fourteen years after my siblings, respectively. Apparently he was married when he and my mom had an affair. She went in for an abortion and as they began...