or Connect

Posts by kavamamakava

Organic food! But I do mostly buy from sales or in season stock. For example, I'm not going to pay $4 a pound for organic apples. But they were only $1.79/lb the other day. Woohoo! They taste amazing compared to conventionally grown apples, and I especially like to avoid conventional since apples are one of the most sprayed food crops. Ewww. Also, I buy Jason's toothpaste. Worth it? Sure. But also, I get canker sores if I use anything with SLS so I suppose I could be...
Quote: Originally Posted by beansmama Thanks for the yoga link...I'll check that out. I'm pretty stuck on kundalini, though. Every time I've tried other types of yoga I kinda...sucked, lol! I'm not very, um, flexible or graceful Yesterday was Dh's birthday and I made a nice dinner that I started thinking would go really well with some wine. I sorta had an internal convo/slight argument with myself and then settled on "No". It really wasn't hard. At...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jyotsna Kavamamakava....I'll check out the free service from CPS. Would that be counseling for my kids or for me? Unfortunately, here in my state, a child has to die or nearly die for anyone to be concerned. That is why I need an attorney. Also, did CPS investigate your claim and did they actually help you in court after the counseling? Thanks for the info. The counseling is called Family Preservation...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodie8 I am having a tough time meeting my protein requirements; I am a vegetarian, but I can't eat dairy or soy due to allergies. So to top up my protein I have been having rice or hemp protein powders, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a great brand or if anyone has other suggestions. Thanks This stuff is amazing http://www.ultimatelife.com/CatalogMealQuick.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by beansmama I totally need a healthy way to deal with stress. I've never been good with that. I love yoga but it's becoming near impossible to do it and actually wind down due to wiggly kiddo's crawling all over me...kinda makes meditation tough, lol! I do need to make these things a priority though, so I suppose I oughta try to work around DH's schedule and just fit yoga in whatever time of day I CAN...regardless of whether...
I know a wonderful doula who goes often attends births at St. Joe's. Her name is Amber Kay.
Good question. It might help soothe an irritated eye but I don't know how helpful it would be in combating pink eye.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan I'd put it on a puncture wound while dh was calling 911, if it came up.
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie Rational Recovery appears to be a non-spiritual addiction program. I know nothing about its success rate and to be honest, the homepage kind of turns me off, but it might be what you're looking for. Desiree, I think facing up to this is an incredible thing. You don't sound like you're quite ready to put a label on it yet, and that's fine. But recognizing there's a problem, admitting it publicly, seeking...
Yes! Put more than a little. Liberally douse the eyes every time you breastfeed your baby. Look at all the amazing things in breastmilk and what they do. Start in Table 3-2 and follow it to the next page http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10935&page=47