or Connect

Posts by elefante

What a great thread. Thanks for contributing, everyone! This has been very helpful as we're currently looking into Waldorf as an option for Kinder.
We did a Waldorf playgroup when Cub was about 15m old. It was weekly for 2 hours. The first 30-45 minutes was open free play while the adults had an objective written on the chalkboard of what to be observant about that day. Some days it was, "observe communication between verbal and non-verbal children", or "unassisted conflict resolution", or "interaction with the environment vs toys".  Rhythm of the Playgroup - Free Unstructured Play [indoors or out] 30-45...
We're Waldorf/Reggio lovers looking into schools right now and I just read through the local Waldorf school's dress policy and was a little surprised to find that no patterns are allowed. I knew that no logos / characters and that stuff wouldn't be allowed [we don't own that stuff anyway], but I never imagined that a simple print would be discouraged as well. Does that include stripes? Plaid?    They also have a no black / neon in their dress code as well. And all...
Ostheimer Giveaway from Bella Luna Toys: http://blog.bellalunatoys.com/2013/ostheimer-wooden-toys.html
  I run a Waldorf / Reggio in-home daycare. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, or just want to brainstorm. We opened last September and are doing so well. We're fully enrolled until 2015! The community response has been overwhelming, really. I wish you well! It is something that is so needed.  Oh, and good luck on ttc soon! Fun!
  They are called The Berkeley School, here in Berkeley, CA. They opened as a Montessori school 50 years ago, so I was somewhat skeptical since we aren't interested in Montessori, but when we toured we realized that it was an amazing place with innovative and progressive teachers who are all dedicated to not only a nature-influenced Reggio curriculum, but also simply to grow to always seek out better options and opportunities. All teachers participate in professional...
Greetings, all!   Mama to a 2 year old little boy. We live a Waldorf home-life, but aren't sure if Waldorf, or a Nature-inspired Reggio school will be this best fit for kinder in a few years. We're so lucky to have so many great options available to us! My husband and I are artists, and we work from home. We haven't owned a Tv in.. ever? haha And we love keeping a family rhythm.    A few months ago we decided to dedicate one day per week to contributing to our...
Ditto to Ragana, but I love tbone's ideas, too.
Oh, no, that was great! I really appreciate the insight!   We're still trying to find our family traditions and comfort levels concerning the holidays, and confidence as parents too, in the ability to set limits for grandparents, and family. We've always just treated Christmas as a mandatory travel day to visit family. It was nice, but it wasn't "ours" you know?    Since our little'n was born, I'm actually excited about things like Christmas now! There's a reason...
That is a tough one.    I'm sure she'd be happy either way, tbh. It just depends on how strongly you feel about Montessori Education. The "worth" is entirely subjective. It would be worth it for some people, and not for others, you know? It's all a matter of priorities and comfort in sacrifice.    My opinion? Rice and beans are delicious! I'd just figure out a way to live more frugally and go ahead and enroll her. But also have a fallback- look into Head Start...