or Connect

Posts by gina1369

Paraguard user question... does anyone stay away from their ovulation time just in case or am I being too cautious? ilove my paraguard but I still don't trust it...
I havent posted in a while so figured I would update... I have had my Paraguard for 8 months.  My periods are a steady 6 days long from start to finish, nothing too heavy, no cramping, regular light PMS symptoms.  I stay away from sex during my fertile days, just in case, but havent had any adverse affects from the Paraguard to date.  My cycle length is approximately 31 days.  I use a handy android app to track my period start and end, fertile days and PMS signs so that...
Question for Paraguard users...  Is your cycle length longer with the IUD?  I have had mine for 6 months now and my cycle time is around 34 days.  Wondering if anyone else has long cycle times.
I am happy to report that my first period on Paragard came and went with NO cramps at all!  Yay!  I had a heavier than normal flow for 2 days, then tapered off.  7 day period like always... Very happy!
LovingLife44, I have to say so far so good for me as well.  I have had the Paragard for a month now and I feel totally normal.  Read my posts above, insertion was the same for me as you experienced and I had moderate spotting and clotting for a few days, then nothing.  Sex was fine, no difference and hubby didnt feel a thing!  I got my perior for the first time with Paragard on Sunday, no cramps but bleeding a bit heavier than normal for me.  Nothing crazy though.  I am...
I figured I would chime back in after my Paragard insertion.  Somehow my last post was deleted or lost.  Anyway, insertion was painful, but my cervix didn't cooperate so that is why it was a few minutes longer than expected.  I was slightly crampy for the first 24 hours and bled for 3-4 days; nothing more than a light period.  Now the only thing I am experiencing is bloating.  I feel full in the belly and was very gassy for 2 days after the procedure.  It may be from the...
I figured I would chime back in after my Paragard insertion.  Somehow my last post was deleted or lost.  Anyway, insertion was painful, but my cervix didn't cooperate so that is why it was a few minutes longer than expected.  I was slightly crampy for the first 24 hours and bled for 3-4 days; nothing more than a light period.  Now the only thing I am experiencing is bloating.  I feel full in the belly and was very gassy for 2 days after the procedure.  It may be from the...
I decided to go for the Paragard.  Insertion is this coming Wednesday so wish me luck.  I will report back on how it goes!  My doctor sent me for an ultrasound prior to our last visit.  He did find a small fibroid on the outside of my uterus but other than that, everything is good to go.    He told me he is very happy with the results from Paragard and Mirena.  He has been perscribing Paragard for 15 years+ without incident (pregnancy). He said that he will not...
I am a pretty healthy 36 year old married woman.  Within the past two years I have started experiencing bad migraines twice a month due to estrogen level changes.  I have been on the pill for 20 years with no problems and only have gone off the pill once to have our son.  Now, within the past two months I also have elevated blood pressure readings.  Doctor says its time to get off the pill . Hubby and I do not want more children, but a tubal is not for me right now so my...