or Connect

Posts by mamabirdy

Got my period, all normal.  Now at day 14 I'm having mid-cycle bleeding/spotting.  Never had that before.  Our bodies are always throwing us for a loop, keeping us on our toes! (as if I don't have enough of that already!)  
2nd cycle postpartum (5th "baby" is 18 months old).  Bled to day 7, then day 8 we had unprotected sex because it was an early dry day!  I enjoyed it extremely much which is kind of unusual for me when I'm not fertile.  Now I'm day 14 and had red then brown spotting on my toilet paper today.  No fertile mucus yet.    I have NEVER had mid-cycle spotting/bleeding before.  But I have had implantation spotting that looks exactly like this (last pregnancy it was 6 days...
Congratulations!  What a wonderful story!  So much trust, joy and love there. I encourage you to seek out some breastfeeding support from a La Leche League leader, a lactation consultant at a hospital, a midwife or doula...there is no need for bleeding and scabbing nipples.  That means some guidance with the latch is needed.  Blessings!!
Well that was really a mistake.  What a loss, I know someone worked hard to get that all in one place.  
Yeah, but I remember that there used to be a sticky that was all the UC birth stories that someone here had collected and we all had our's posted in there.  Where is that????
So after all that, now nothing is going on.  Full moon.  I have never experience that kind of nipple sensation except when I'm pregnant.  With my pregnancies I always have brown mucusy stuff when my period is due.  But since I haven't been bleeding, maybe I just skipped that part?  I don't like to test early b/c my tests are always negative until pretty late, and go back and forth between positive and negative for so long that I don't believe the negative tests :...
I am 17 months postpartum and nursing, haven't started cycling yet.  My nipples have been so sensitive the last five days, and OUCHY when he latches on.  I had crazy slippery dripping CM that started a couple weeks ago and subsided just when my nipples started to hurt.  I have not experienced pms symptoms like this when my fertility returned the other four times- usually it happens that one day I'm surprised to be bleeding.  I have experienced nipple tenderness...
Hmm...in other cycles past, tender nipples and lots of slippery cm was, for me, occuring around day 18-20, about a week to 10 days before my period.  I think I ovulated already as there was wayyyy more sex happening than usual, to my (unusual) delight, a couple weeks ago, which would line up.  I just don't remember these premenstrual symptoms being so intense.  Cramps yesterday too and I've only had those a few cycles in my life!  Maybe the returning cycles after baby...
I have not had a cycle since conceiving my son (who is now 17 months old).  With my other kids I had my cycles return right about 16 months pp.  I have been having incredible amounts of slippery discharge for the last week- I mean, dripping crazy amounts of it which I don't remember having (but it's been a long time!).  Then I noticed how terribly bloated (or fat!) I was, not fitting into my pants without a bulging muffin top, and now my nipples are incredibly tender,...