or Connect

Posts by Taximom5

Dr. Jacob Puliyel, who is head of pediatrics at St. Joseph's Hospital, has written many articles and letters complaining that Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI's) have gone unrecognized and unreported in India. I would expect that there might be similar problems in Africa.  Currently, there is a push to change the way AEFI's are reported so that...they basically aren't reported any more.  You can find his arguments here:  jacob.puliyel.com  I think that they...
nike12, welcome aboard! We have had reporters come to this site with surveys, where they ignored answers that didn't fit with what they had already decided to write, so there is more than a little distrust of surveys at this point. I would like to suggest that you stay here awhile, do reading on both sides of the issue (if you go to the "Vaccinating on Schedule" forum on this website, you'll get the pro-vax side), and, above all, ask questions on both sides.  Get to know...
To play Devil's Advocate, I do see her point.  It's more of a "let's prevent this from happening to others" kind of thing.  I can't argue with that aspect of it.  If I could put someone before the State Legislature to talk about how their kid reacted to an improperly-tested vaccine 30 years ago, before the vaccine schedule tripled, I'd want to, too. The real problem is that, in both cases, it's a single case of harm. There is no real information on what the real risks...
 No, that's not what I mean at all.I mean that kids who were not vaccinated for things like influenza, chicken pox, and even measles or mumps and caught those diseases, did just fine with them--had relatively mild cases, or in some cases, developed antibodies without even having shown obvious symptoms of the disease.  But these same kids had severe reactions to vaccines. Count me as one of them;  my vaccine reactions as an adult were far, far more severe than any illness I...
 But diagnostic criteria has not changed since 1994.   Between 1998 (when my son was diagnosed) and today, the screening is not better; IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME.  the only difference is, today, there's less of a waiting list to get assessed.   Since the popularization of Ritalin in the 1980's, there has been a very strong movement by teachers to push parents for assessments.  That hasn't changed. What HAS changed for the 2010 CDC-announced autism rate of the cohort born in...
 Unfortunately, in California, Mississippi, and West Virginia, you can no longer opt out for religious reasons.
teacozy, I wanted to make sure you had seen my last post in this thread.  It does seem that the 2001 vaccine schedule increased by roughly 30% (4 new shots) during the first year, corresponding with the 30% increase in autism for children born in 2002.    I was wondering what you make of it, since your point was (mistakenly) that there was no increase in vaccines corresponding with the increase in autism.
 It's a disaster if a single child dies.That's not the point, though.The point is that vitamin A supplementation showed a 66% reduction in fatalities.Who knows how many more fatalities might have been avoided if other relevant issues had been addressed as well. But since those other relevant issues are carefully avoided by the pharmaceutical manufacturers, we don't even know what they are.  We can guess that clean water and proper sanitation are likely issues, as is...
 Yes.Obvious questions raised.It would seem that any vaccinated individual who still contract the disease may be spreading that disease, no matter how mild their case. Vaccine failure.  UTTER vaccine failure.
I've not seen anything indicating that an "alternative belief" is that kids who die from measles just must have had nutritional deficiencies.  It is, however, quite logical that kids who die from measles likely have an underlying predisposition, which may include nutritional deficiencies (Vitamin A deficiency is a well-known predisposition to measles complications, recognized by experts and supported by science), but also include other medical issues.The standard...