or Connect

Posts by Taximom5

I'm curious as to why you would come to a parenting site--and an attachment parenting site at that-- to "learn" about vaccines.  If you have a science background, wouldn't it make more sense to read the studies--not just the abstracts, but the entire studies--for yourself?   Here, I'll get you started on the "vaccine critics/questioners" side, since you are apparently well-versed in the "defend all aspects of all vaccination" side, based on what you've posted.Here is a...
Actually, I feel VERY personally threatened by all three.They are aggressively campaigning to end all exemptions to vaccinations, and to curtail the rights of those who don't.  This extends to myself and my children, as we have all had serious adverse reactions to vaccines.  Our current doctors have all recognized the validity of our reactions, and have no problem writing medical exemptions for us--but I know of many other doctors who would not.  This would put our health,...
   Oh. I see.
 Why is it relevant to this discussion? It's a government-sponsored website devoted to pushing vaccines.
 How would they make money on measles?  Vitamin A?  TTylenol? If the MMR is linked to long-term autoimmune issues, intestinal issues, and neurodevelopment issues, that's a lot of long-term medications that can be sold, even if it's only a small subgroup who have those reactions.   Of course the number of children presenting with those symptoms is certainly increasing....
Yes.  Many parents of autistic children who'd had severe vaccine reactions as toddlers are now reporting that their children started having seizures and regressions at puberty--same time frame as Max's SSPE.  In fact, some doctors are hypothesizing that autism, when following a severe adverse vaccine reaction, is a form of SSPE.
 Sure they are.  "The subject is complicated by the fact that one vaccine may cause more than one autoimmune phenomenon, and a particular immune process may be caused by more than one vaccine. Furthermore, vaccines differ in their pathogenic influence on the immune system. There is no doubt that the new recombinant hepatitis B virus vaccine is different from mumps, measles and rubella vaccines in its ability to trigger autoimmunity, probably by completely different...
I was always given a half-page sheet saying that vaccine risks included redness, swelling, and soreness at injection site, fever, and irritability.  And to call my doctor if an allergic reaction was noted.  Period, the end, nothing else to see here, folks. And yes, I was given the sheet AFTER the vaccines were administered.    Always.
I post this with some hesitation, as I am NOT a fan of the VacTruth website, and am even less of a fan of Christina England's writing.   Nonetheless, I think there might be some good discussion here.  What if SSPE (the measles complication from which Max died) is closely linked with the kinds of severe adverse reactions we see to MMR and other vaccines, which cause seizures, brain inflammation, and brain damage?...
Fair enough!  I'm actually intrigued with the idea of nasal vaccines, as they do expose you to the virus in the way nature intended.  But honestly, at this point, there's so much we don't know about the human immune system, I definitely prefer the idea of totally non-invasive preventatives.