or Connect

Posts by Kelso

Our kids have First Middle MyLast(as a 2nd middle name) Husband'sLast. It shows that on their birth Certs & we just write both middle names or 2 middle Initials on all forms, leaving a space between the 2 middle names. DH's last name is really long (9letters) and I never changed my last name, but we have all girls in my generation, so it was a nice way to continue the name for a while longer. Kids & teachers often call me Mrs. Husband'sLast, and I'll answer to that,...
I live in RI as well, both Shaw's & Stop & shop often have 'local' items in their produce sections. also, have you tried ground turkey? we use that instead of ground beef & make 'loose meat' with it (sautee'd onions & garlic & peppers[whatever's around] with the meat cooked in the same pan) the turkey's sweeter than beef, i think. We also buy frozen fish from the milkman & frozen shrimp from BJ's. Not much processed food though. Believe it or not, Rachel Ray's mag...
What is it with those boys & pee? We thought that our toilet was broken and leaking (it's at least 20 years old!!), until we figured out that it was the boy pee!!!! Now it's his job to clean the bathroom (he gets to wear rubber gloves and uses vinegar spray) and he's got much better aim!!
Actually, I usually just use the ViseGrips and force (twist) the bottle top open, fill with vinegar (& sometimes water & Mrs. Meyer's) re-close and go. sometimes I get a leak, but then I just store the mop handle down (upside down) or take the bottle out and store that upright nearby. hth....K
Usually, I wash in cold water and then the dryer or hang outside to disinfect. If they are not too messy, I toss them in with the towels and wash them however i'm washing the towels. I keep a 'wet bucket' in the bathroom, so I'll often just dump the water out and then put the cloth in the washer. Having been wet, they clean up pretty well. Nothing too special for me.
My kids are 8 & 10 and we still use the 'Ducks in a row' thing. When the aisles are too crowded or my hands are full in the parking lot and/or when a friend(kid ) is along, all I do is say 'Duckies' and someone grabs the back of my coat (or shirt or whatever) and the rest hold on to the one in front of them. Also, in the parking lot, at the car, the rule was always 'Touch the Car', when one had to wait for the other to get into the carseat etc...my sister has 4 kids and...
I have that problem at the library too!!
I think its called the Nuvo treatment (I could be wrong on the name of this) and I've seen it here when dd had lice. I think if you Google 'lice home treatments' or something like that you'll find it. You put 1/2 a bottle of cetaphil (liquid soap that doesn't foam much/hypoallergenic and gentle) in a clean hair dye bottle or one of those condiment squeeze bottles that have the pointy squirty tops. Then you squeeze the stuff onto the dc's scalp in a grid pattern, first...
We use Burt's Bees bug repellent. It's a bit oily, but we like it. I like the smell, but some don't. It works for us!!
I've got really heavy flow and have the keeper. At night, I use cloth and no keeper. For night cloth on heavy nights, I use cloth diapers folded into 3rds and then quarters so its long and thick....stays put with a cloth pad snapped over it. I almost never leak out of this....