or Connect

Posts by somazzy

I understand your fatigue and worry about creating a "bad habit" that you can't keep up with.  I debated this in my head for the first year nearly with my son.  For what it's worth looking back I would've changed a few of my thoughts and I hope this helps for you. I wouldn't have spent time trying to force a change in what he was telling me he needed: to be near me.  I wore him, held him, coslept etc, but it was still so frustrating that I could never lay him down for a...
I know that when I was about to deliver at the Pavillion I was anxious to hear the experience of others and it was so new there wasn't much out there so I'd thought I'd add to the data.  :)   Without getting into my whole birth story here are the highlights.  Overall I had a great experience bringing my baby into the world!  Going into it I had already prepared myself to be accepting of what was to come (as there are so many unknowns) not to get caught up in any...
Thanks for all of your tips and encouragement!  We have started signing and it is cool to see him want "more" unfortunately I think he thinks "more" means "more toasted Os"  :)  But that's ok.  At least we are communicating.  And I also get the very clear sign that when he takes it from my hand and drops it to the floor he is not interested.  So we move on to the next thing.  I started a journal today so that I can keep track of what's happening.  I have a tendency to...
So please please offer up any ideas of finger foods your toddler will eat!  What type of cereal do you give them now?  We eat oat bran made with almond milk in the morning can I just give him a little of that?     My little man eats basically nothing.  He takes it and drops it to the floor.  I try really hard not to get frustrated but I'm not usually successful.  Just now he took his turkey loaf bites, broccoli, and carrots and threw them all on the floor.  :(  So...
Well thank God not anymore.  And literally I was on my knees praying for help one desperate morning.  I. Know. The. Feeling.  Looking back, there were so many things I would change.  But one is that I focused so much on trying to make my son sleep where instead I should have just slept myself.  And of course I had every reason and need to do the soothing and feeding and nursing myself, but the real problem is that I needed sleep and rest.  And I needed to do whatever it...
Howdy!  My little guy just turned one and I was searching for some advice and ideas about meals for him now and found this new group starting.  Yippee!  So hello to everyone! We are from Texas and I worked as play therapist in my pre-baby life.   It was a challenge figuring out how to be a full-time nurturer but I am happy to be at the one year mark.   We have finally found our rhythm!  
Was five cms and had my membranes swept at 315 pm and was in labor within an hour. Bloody show came immediately. Contractions fooled me too. My doula had to convince me I was in labor. They changed from 6-9 mins apart and mild discomfort to crazy intense in a short time. Baby came at 1042 pm. Crossing fingers for you! I delivered last Tuesday. Good luck for a peaceful birth !
I'm reading and hope to finish:   Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth Womanly Art of Breastfeeding Secrets of the Baby Whisperer   I started Birthing from Within but it lost my attention with the extended time about art/processing old trauma's etc.  Good info, but not what I need from it.
Luckily the hospital I'm going to provide you with a luggage cart that rolls with you everywhere you go and it has plenty of room.  Nice perk we discovered on our tour of the Women's Pavillion in Houston.   I've read of these great ways to soak postpartum pads in herbs/with hazel and freeze them.  But how would I use them at the hospital?  I've been trying to think of ways to transport frozen items.  Any suggestions?  Some of you are bringing popsicles: what are you...
Luckily the hospital I'm going to provide you with a luggage cart that rolls with you everywhere you go and it has plenty of room.  Nice perk we discovered on our tour of the Women's Pavillion in Houston.   I've read of these great ways to soak postpartum pads in herbs/with hazel and freeze them.  But how would I use them at the hospital?  I've been trying to think of ways to transport frozen items.  Any suggestions?  Some of you are bringing popsicles: what are you...