or Connect

Posts by Yeeska

Hey, I'm mostly lurking, but just wanted to speak up for Miranda. Studies have found that perineal massage doesn't actually help, so if it's causing you pain or stress, don't do it. The whole thing is as silly as roughing up your nipples ahead of time, if you think about it. I know I tried it with my first, hated it, and was relieved to learn there was no good reason to continue doing so. Anyway, just thought I'd let ya know. It's been studied. No reason to do it if you...
Wait. Why eye goop at all for a c-section, esp one where the water has never broken?
Congratulations! Here's hoping that in all the hospital and medical stuff, you get time to connect to each of them each day.
My business partner, who does placenta encapsulation, tells her placenta clients exactly how to ask to get their placenta. So, the person who does it should know how to get it.
Congratulations! Remember, the more skin to skin she gets, the better she will breathe and breastfeed. And that's skin to skin from anyone, including dad or sister.   http://www.kangaroomothercare.com/about-kmc.aspx
I have found that if I take my fish oil it makes a HUGE difference with mood issues. I ran out and started to think I was anemic again, then realized it was depression when I had an anxiety attack. I got more and could tell a difference a day later. There's a lot of research on it, but all I can say is that it works!   Oh, but my (business) partner does placenta encapsulation and has found that her clients can get theirs even with c-sections, far more so if the...
I was just reading through spinningbabies' exercises. Maybe some of them will help? Sometimes it's just comforting to be able to do something while waiting for progress, and sometimes those make a big difference.   Sending you thoughts toward a positive experience full of respect and flexibility and ending with health and vitality all around.
Me too! I was really scared with my third after how terrible they were with the second, but they were a comparable breeze with the second. I wonder if it was related to not having the shot of Pit at birth with the third? With my second I was anemic and had the shot of Pit preventatively. The midwives swear it doesn't make a difference, but I'd be interested to see a study. I didn't even think about drugs during labor, but wanted an epidural for the first few hours after...
You know, it's funny, but -with my third- I had this weird matter of fact thing happening. It was kind of like I was observing myself in labor like I would a client. Oh, vocalizing, that's a new level. Okay,, more pressure, it's probably time to go. Uh oh! Pushing and we're not there yet. Only 8cm? Now don't freak out. This is the part where you freak out. Just like everyone else.   Something about that kept me from really freaking out. I think I just sort of shut...
Help007, there is a visualization/meditation that I learned from Sandy Duncan. I was just PMing someone and remembered it, though I haven't thought of it for years before. I hope the person I sent it to is understanding, b/c I'm about to copy and paste from that message. It's surprised me in the past with how it's helped me hear myself.    Imagine that you're walking through a park. It is beautiful and peaceful. The path winds before you through shade and sunlight....