or Connect

Posts by heatdodge

From my experience, I feel like I get a negative reaction from WOHM and others because childcare in general is not highly valued.  The WOHMs I know pay around $3/hr for full-time childcare, and think it is wildly over-priced.  I understand wanting to save money, but if you think education is a occupation worthy of pouring good money into, surely the care and raising of younger children is too?  I never hear these moms saying "teachers are paid way too much; we should pay...
I'm so glad to read all this! I'm 36 and this is #3 and I've been worried that I'm still bleeding off and on at 3 wks pp. I was done at less than 2 wks with the other two. Also surprised I'm not more back into the swing of things. This was my easiest birth, my easiest baby, I've had the most help (with DH home for 1.5 wks as opposed to a couple days or a few half days) and the most sleep, but I'm still tired, irritable, and bleeding! My sister mentioned it might have...
I'm glad to hear others are showing.  This is my 3rd pregnancy, and in the other two I LOVED having a belly to stick out and be proud of!  I wore tight shirts and dresses and savored the feeling of having a big "proud" belly.  I generally have a good self image, but this time around I just feel fat.  No, I just feel bloated....REALLY bloated, in the MOST uncomfortable way.  I keep thinking I've just developed a gluten intolerance or something as it feels food related...
This will be our third - first was born in a freestanding birth center in CA, second was born in the kitchen here in MD.  Sadly our homebirth midwife options are few in MD right now.  I was so sad not to have my CA midwife for my second birth, but was still happy with the new MW I found (except I disliked her assistant intensely - who thankfully missed the birth completely).  Now my MW has had her license taken away, so I pretty much only have a choice of one HB MW who...
Wow, how timely - I was just thinking, I should see what the mamas on Mothering have to say!  I've just turned 36 and suddenly realized we've been lazily TTC for a year now!  That totally freaks me out that I didn't even notice how long it's been.  Both my other kids were kind of unplanned in a "if we get pregnant that would be okay" kinda way.  Last year I said, okay let's stop trying not to get pregnant, and just assumed in a few months I would be.  I guess not.  I...