or Connect

Posts by skinnyloveBC

All is well here! This is just a very busy season in our house. Lots of positive change lately, anticipation for blessings, and renewal of my marriage. :-) That's mainly why I'm seemingly MIA--DH and I have been trying to spend as much quality time together as possible. And it's really starting to show in our closeness and in our daughter. She's more balanced and content without all of our stress. Also, I cut my hair! Collar bone length to a chin length bob. Big change...
Good idea, Momma2Addison! We are looking forward to filing taxes and getting our refund. We're planning to use it to start our $1000 EF and pay off at least our 4 lowest credit card balances (they're pretty low--less than $400 each). Anyone else planning something debt-related with their tax return? Any tips from the more senior/experienced members?
My DD just started ingesting solids on a semi-regular basis. She's 15 months. I was worried too until I saw that she was the exact same percentile as previous appts and her iron level was great. I just kept offering and she has gotten more interested, little by little. I agree with PP who said solids before 1 year are mainly for fun and practice.
3Lil, I'm excited for your husband to go serve God at the retreat. Not excited for you and your kids to be attacked though. I'll certainly pray for protection and wisdom while he's away. The wisdom to see what satan is doing and the strength to fight him. I'd like for my husband to do something like that someday. I bet he would really enjoy it.
Thank you both so much for your insight, prayers, and advice. 3Lil, thanks for the reminder about the true meaning and value of marriage. When I think about it, it's clear why satan wants so much to destroy it, but when you're in the attack it's so miserable. And it's interesting when we get out in front of satan and we see his attempts for what they are rather than getting trapped under them. Satan is attempting to de-value marriages all around. One Christian...
Hi guys! Sorry I was MIA so long. Good and bad here. The good is that DD's sleep has been maintaining ok since we were sick. Bad is that our family and home are under attack from Satan. It started with someone banging on our house in the night a few nights ago. We don't live in a bad or particularly iffy neighborhood, so it was really unexpected. There's a lot of backstory to why this is significant in my life, but suffice it to say I know it was satan and he's doing...
Nazsmum, whoops! I re-read your post and realized you meant Mom. Well, I really needed to be pampered after baby. I ended up needing new clothes (lost a lot of weight from dairy-free diet), I changed my hair, and got more interested in hair and beauty stuff. If she strikes you as a pamperer, you could give her a pedicure gift certificate to a funky nail shop, my husband gave me a 3-month Birchbox subscription for Christmas that I really enjoy, maybe a Target gift card but...
Thank you both for the info. about circ. I'm looking forward to reading the recommended passages and being better informed. Honestly, my heart tells me (now) that it's not necessary and potentially really harmful. 3LilChunklins, I'm so sorry your son experienced so much pain and discomfort with his. That's heartbreaking. I have a fun story to share about God and DD. When DH and I were engaged, I had a dream that I was at church introducing my beautiful baby girl to all of...
I got DD a Sophie the Giraffe teether for Christmas. It's expensive for a teether ($12-15), but DD really likes it. It's natural rubber and squeaks. I wish I had gotten it for her when she was smaller. We've also really liked our Aiden+Anais sleep sack. It's a zip up and is just the right thickness to keep her warm but not overheated. We paid $14 for it, I think, at BRU.
Great idea, lilac! I have a few items I've been trying to sell on Craig's list with no luck. Maybe I'll tackle that again! We could certainly use the money. Also, I've been brainstorming about possible niches on Etsy that I could break into. I've also been more vigilant about returning items that we buy but don't end up needing/using. For example, I returned a couple of things to Target last week and got $20, which helped us make our food last till the next check.