or Connect

Posts by hyde

I appreciate the elaboration. I think this is true. It's also true that I originally posted very much from the 'RAR THIS TOTALLY SUCKS' place- but I can't hang there forever. I either have to change my situation or my perspective, and what you're saying does help with the latter. Not so much ignoring the issue, but making the focus less intense; the more laser-like the focus, the less livable the situation is on a day-to-day basis. I'm not sure where this will go...
Thanks, LLQ1011.    erigeron, good suggestions. Thanks. Unfortunately they're already all in place, and me having a life hasn't made it any less disappointing that my husband hasn't rallied as a father and family member. I don't see why it should, tbh. 
Posting in hopes of finding other people who have been here or who are here now. Placing in Personal Growth because I can't change another person so it's a challenge that I'm trying to work through on my end.    I married my husband thinking he was going to be this great family guy. He was on board with the idea of having multiple children and was the one to suggest trying for our daughter, who's now 15 months old. But since she's been here, I've had a lot of illusions...
This appears not to have been published in a peer-reviewed journal yet. The article says it was presented at a conference; in my (non-medical) field, conferences are often used to present preliminary findings and work up a paper before submission to a journal. I searched Obstetrics & Gynecology's TOC and site and couldn't find anything under this guy's name. Could be somewhere else, but no time to do a deeper check.   ETA- this wasn't even a conference talk, it was a...
Do you know about The Wonder Weeks? A quick google search will pull up the info (you don't have to buy the book) but basically there are periods every so often where most babies are going through some major developmental stuff that can make them extra clingy/fussy/what have you, and there's one of those periods right around your daughter's age. There's also a major sleep regression around 9mos that's totally normal. So possibly some of it's "high needs", but some of it...
Very interesting feedback--thanks! We've been doing more back carries than anything these days so it's less of an issue, but FWCC is indeed more comfortable for me, always has been.. and this is also confirming that I need to go ahead and start doing that beginner Pilates DVD workout again. ;) I've been marveling at the baby's core strength lately- probably not a good sign!
Assuming the smoking is during non-work hours. Why or why not?
Does anybody else get upper back pain with FCC? I'm feeling it after just a few minutes. I try spreading the fabric out over my shoulders but it doesn't help much, and I don't have any luck with getting the cross on my back centered lower. I can't figure out if I'm doing it wrong/need to tweak my technique, or if it's just not the right carry for a 4 m/o. My guess is that it's the former--any hints for balancing the weight better? Or is there a similar carry/variation of...
I planned to do cloth from birth, but my daughter was a tiny little chicken-legged thing when she was born, 5.5lbs, and even the NB diapers were too much bulk. We really started around 5-6 weeks, and based on that I'd recommend GMD Workhorse Fitteds under a Thirsties wrap for avoiding leaks/blowouts as much as possible- the fitteds have elastic around the waist and legs, and the Thirsties covers have extra leg gussets too. As already mentioned, if you're worried about...
One thing to note on the K'Tan is that it has a limited window of use. It's stretchy so supposed to be good for newborns (though we didn't like it), but once your baby weighs a little more the support it offers isn't going to be enough. If you have room in the budget to get another carrier a few months in, I'd check it out; if not, I second the woven wrap suggestion. :)