or Connect

Posts by Rrrrrachel

At 4-6 months babies guts mature and become less permeable. It's not just a randomly selected age.
What a joke.
If y'all want to discuss glowby and/or what does or does not qualify as slander maybe start a new thread.
OMG, including in the post directly above yours!!!!! Why take glowby to task and not taxi?
That is hilarious considering how often that accusation gets thrown around by posters here.
I found a lot of information by googling the name of the first five studies or so. I didn't get any further than that, though.
Complications of shingles: Postherpetic neuralgia. For some people, shingles pain continues long after the blisters have cleared. This condition is known as postherpetic neuralgia, and it occurs when damaged nerve fibers send confused and exaggerated messages of pain from your skin to your brain. Vision loss. Shingles in or around an eye (ophthalmic shingles) can cause painful eye infections that may result in vision loss. Neurological problems. Depending on which nerves...
Is it? In adults? What about during pregnancy?
yeah then they're not at risk for shingles, but they're at risk for contracting chicken pox the rest of their lives, including when it will be much more serious.
What do you mean each group? I think you mean vaccinated and unvaccinated? I assume the vaccinated group is the ~7000 children in the study, not sure why they would use just a subset. The unvaccinated number isn't from an unvaccinated group, it's the rate of shingles in children before the vaccine was implemented. So I guess that group contains millions of children.