or Connect

Posts by OtherSoul

We didn't get to see them, the lady never called us back!   In the meantime I am watching every episode of the Dog Whisperer ever recorded.  lol.
I really recommend getting some fantastic belly art painted on, and then do a photo shoot!  I did that with my son and so happy I did.  (never got a baby shower with him, so that's what I did)
I wish I could!  It would have to be a breeder from either New Zealand or Australia though...it's pretty impossible to get a pup shipped from the states mainland unless you want to do 3 months of rabies quarantine and spend thousands.  :-/  Not sure it's worth it for the pup.  It's WAY easier to get a dog from Hawaii TO the mainland...so when I am ready to leave the island no worries there.     IN the meantime...still hoping a sweet doggie soul shows up.     We found a...
 Yes there is just something about a dog, I have felt a piece of my heart missing since living without one, even though I adore my son and love him unconditionally, he can't be a dog, lol.  Only a dog can fill the dog spot in my heart.   The rescue lady of the snappy dog was really weird, she even got angry at us and told us we didn't give the dog enough of a chance, and "how would you feel if someone you didn't know came up to you and try to pet your face," stuff like...
  Oooo congrats on your BABY BOY   <3
So we went to the humane society and played with the dogs all day.  My son just loved it and I found it really educational about what type of dog might be good for him.  The dogs that responded to him best were younger dogs and puppies.  The older ones over a year old were like.."uhhhh hell no."  Unfortunately we still didn't find a dog that really seemed "just right."  He got along with a red heeler puppy the best, but I googled it and red heelers and kids don't generally...
Aww your dog sounds wonderful.  I hope there is one like that out there for us.   What's weird is that the shelter lady kept trying to defend the dogs actions...saying that he responded that way to my son because he "didn't know him..." but I had done a ton of research on toddlers and dogs and read a lot of articles about what to look for in a kid-friendly dog when adopting from a shelter.  A true kid friendly dog won't snap at a kid just because he "doesn't know him."...
 I was wondering how it was possible to feed a large family paleo, haha!  There isn't anything like that here...I drove around everywhere looking for the "undesired parts" because I read they are the most nutritious but nobody could help me.  It's weird, I wonder if here is a law against selling that stuff or something.   Food is SO expensive here...it's insane...when I went back to visit the mainland I couldn't believe how I got a huge box of organic groceries fruits and...
It's okay.  I'm bummed about it but glad we found out right away that this dog has issues with young kids.     We're honestly back to thinking a younger dog.  I think the extra work would be worth it if it gets along well with my son, who is DOG CRAZY, especially after the dog we tried to bring in.  And this time no going on someone's "word" that they know the dog and that it's good with kids before bringing them into our home.  We need to see and interact with the dog...
Update: Didn't work!  The dog snapped at my son (who was behaving like a normal toddler).  :-(  Clearly the animal wasn't as good with kids as we were led to believe.  We had to give him back to the shelter.      We're working with another shelter group now.  We'll see what happens.  But I have a no tolerance policy for dogs who don't tolerate my son.