or Connect

Posts by Castle

I liked Boba and Mothering and shared this contest on Facebook. :)
My favorite thing about baby wearing is the closeness it creates. 
Hi! New to this group.  EDD October 4th for me. :)
Quote: Originally Posted by vivalamama Don't seem to have the concentration today to read all the posts but we just moved to Napier from Alaska (Hi Castle ) in February. Hi Claire! Fancy meeting you here. How have your holidays been? I meant to call you to see if you wanted to do a playdate over the break, but then time flew and it's already the last day tomorrow! Oh well, maybe another after school one sometime? See you on Monday!
You should check out Hawkes Bay, it's the region in the center of the east coast of the North Island. I moved here to Napier just over a year ago, and I'm loving it. There are 2 cities just 15 minutes from each other - Napier and Hastings - and between them they've got everything you'd ever need. But just 5 minutes out from each you can be very rural. It's a very agricultural area with lots of orchards and vineyards. You can grow year round here. Right now it's...
In Napier, the closest campgrounds to McLean Park would be Kennedy Park . It's pretty nice, we stayed there once when we were having our floors sanded and stained and couldn't be in our house for a few days. I live in Napier. Funny that you list those matches as being "near Hastings". Though Hastings is slightly bigger than Napier, I've always has the impression that Napier was the more known city in Hawkes Bay. A rental car for 3 weeks would be really quite...
My daughter started at a Montessori primary school classroom this year. It was her first time with Montessori. It's technically 2 classes, ages 5 - 8 and 9 - 12. There are 11 kids in the 'junior' class and 13 in the 'senior' class. A head teach for each class, plu the juniors have an assistant teacher. These are 2 Montessori classes within an public school the rest of which is mainstream. Because of space shortages, both Montessori classes have been squished together...
I moved to Napier, New Zealand 6 months ago, December 2008. Napier is a great little city in Hawkes Bay (east coast of the North Island). It's got only about 60,000 people, but 15 minutes south is Hastings and Havelock North, which have about 100,000 I think, so together it's a pretty sizeable population center. 1. I don't homeschool, but I've heard the laws are not restrictive. The government actually pays you the money that would go to a school if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird right now, it's $1US =$1.77NZ so at $3500US per month (and for 4 years, that won't be taxed in NZ, only income in NZ will be taxed in NZ) would currently equal $6195 per month, or $74k per year. that's a good income. the immigration web site has a calculator though. it's really good to check out. You are probably already aware of this, but to clarify for others reading... If you're living and working in New...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spring Sun This is really helpful. We were thinking around 10k US from Boulder, Colorado. Any other links would be great. Is it worth it to bring our stuff? Are you moving to NZ? I would say definitely bring your stuff. I wish I had brought more. Stuff is expensive here. And resale value of used stuff is high. So if you bring stuff you decide you don't want or need, it's fairly easy to sell on trademe.co.nz or...