or Connect

Posts by *daciaperfect*

I think this totally depends on what you as a family are looking for in a place to call home. Spokane has 4 definate seasons. We normally do not get 5 feet of snow dumped on us at once like we did last winter, but it isnt uncommon to have a couple inches fall here and there. Summer is full of blazing hot days, reaching 100's even, but also lots of nice 80s days. Spring is gorgeous! And Fall has wonderfully beautiful days with crisp nights and all the colors you can...
My dd is now going into her 3rd year of CampFire. She absolutely loves it, as do we. Co-ed was very important to us for a scouting group. We also felt that it was important that she be in a scouting group that was open minded regarding religion, and most importantly, we needed our DD to have no fears about what her family looked like. Girl Scouts is not as gay-friendly as CampFire is. In my area, CF does have a large name for themselves, but I know that this is...
What do you tend to spend on your weekly, monthly grocery bills? I spend roughly about $50 a week, or less on groceries for 2 adults and 1 child, and 1 bird on a fresh fruit diet (yes, I need to factor his needs into the grocery bill). My child goes to school and has food allergies, so we cook a lot from scratch, we need to pack her lunches and snacks to take with her, and make breakfast at home too, but she also only lives with us 4 days a week. Some weeks I spend much...
I went to Mt. St. Michaels when I was younger. I cannot speak for how the school is today, but based on the past, I can say that at my grade level at the time, the school was academically BEHIND compared to the area public schools. I started in public schools, then went to St. Michaels. When I left there and transfered to St. Aloysius, I spent much of the 1st year there trying to play catch up because I was so behind. Much of what was taught at St Michaels were things...
I am glad your dad is doing ok, Rachelle. How scary for that to happen.
The private schools all closed too, even though passing by our school today, it was pretty decent. The interesting thing is, she was supposed to have a winter program on the 18th, and it was cancelled and rescheduled for this Tuesday. I am beginning to wish I had bought DD a plane ticket so she could come on vacation with me because it is doubtful she will go back for a while.
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelle-a-tron I have no idea... maybe because it is technically city property? I just blew up when the guy told me that. Hope everyone is doing well & having a great new years day! Tell Chloe hello! Well then, if it is technically city property, then they can plow the alley at my other house since we have alley garbage pick up, and now most of the neighbors have a few weeks of piled up crap outside in the alley...
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelle-a-tron Thanks Mama... it only looks worse here on out for us. I would be really suprised if we go back to school on monday. I know, I was thinking that too. Spokane Public Schools district never closes but they did this time, mostly because the whole city did. DD's school will cancel if Spokane ones do, but occassionally do on their own. Last I knew, they were still opening though because their winter...
This is all insane! 2 driving trips out of town we had planned, we had to cancel because of weather, and now we fly out next week and I hope we have no problems getting out of here. Too bad I can't say that we are going somewhere warm. And all the shoveling of the sidewalks, the walk ways, the roof, and I can't count anymore how many times we have shoveled out the garage and the cars. The people on my end of the block all play 'musical parking spots' since we all...
This is my first holiday season as a single mama. I am doing ok with it to be honest. I have always kept the holidays rather low key around here, so this is not very different than the norm. I wonder if I am at an odd peace because the seperation was such a long time coming and both my XP and I are such good friends still, or if it helps that I am dating someone, or maybe it is a little bit of both. I had DD on our holiday, Yule, and she is also studying Hanukkah, so...