or Connect

Posts by gmaemaymama84

I would highly recommend hypnobabies as a resource to prepare for homebirth.  It is actually adaptable for either hospital or home birth, but I felt like it helped me so very much viewing my birth in a positive light (which is saying something after having a traumatic birth experience).  It also helped me bond with my baby before she was born, it helped me have a positive attitude in general, and it helped me during delivery.  I can't say enough about it.  I also enjoyed...
I had a normal presenting baby until one night I had sort of a moment where I got really chicken and cried because I didn't want to have a baby naturally and experience that intensity again (past birth trauma resurfaced I think) and the next day the baby was breech.  I think some people might scoff at the idea that my thoughts have any effect on it, but I feel like in my case it did.  So I had to relax and try my best to stay positive and think only about all the things...
I also had a hemmorhage at my second baby's birth, my first home birth.  My midwife was equipped with pitocin and methergin and it was controlled right away.  As far as prevention goes, I just had my third baby a month ago and it was about as picture perfect as anyone could hope for, with minimal blood loss.  I've done a lot of thinking about what was different between kid 2 and kid 3, and I was just much healthier this time around, eating as many vegetables as I could....
Your student midwife should be free.  But whether or not she is able to help you is her responsibility to find out if it is legal, etc.  I think you should take some time to write down your questions and have a good long talk with both your midwife and her student and get some clarity.  Then when you go into labor, call them both and birth your beautiful baby.  The rest will just work itself out.  
I've never had a doula, but I need a voice of reason while I'm in labor to help me remember that I am strong, that I can do it, to help me stay positive, to answer my questions, etc.  Your midwife should be able to do some of that, your sister can do another part of that, and your husband too, assuming he is prepared to be supportive.  The fact of the matter is, you are the one who has to do this.  I say, what do you want?  Do you want a doula?  Do you think it would...
I was 17 days overdue with my baby born last month.  I wasn't dilated at all at that point.  My midwife used a combination of evening primrose oil on my cervix, rubbed several essential oils on my belly (the massage felt awesome) and a homeopathic under my tongue.  It worked right away.  She was born at 3 am the next day, so it took 13 hours, but it was quite gentle in the beginning.  But I think you should just do what seems right to you, and wait as long as you feel...
Thanks!  Those are great ideas.  I think it will really help me while I'm going through this emotional time.  I appreciate the feedback so much.
My midwife has someone to refer you to if you want an ultrasound.  They have it worked out so the results are sent to her.  She draws labs if you want them, and she has the results sent to her as well.  She has an office in her home that she works out of.  Her patients go to her house and get their blood pressure checked, temperature, urine tested, she listens to baby with a doppler, she palpates the baby to check positioning.  The appointment is pretty much the same as...
I just had my third baby girl, she was my second homebirth and I feel really sad that my visits with my midwife and her assistants are coming to a close.  I loved having my appointments with them, and having them in my home.  I felt part of a circle of women who shared this idea of beautiful births in common and I felt really loved.  Now I feel like I've lost that and I'm looking for friends who share the idea of homebirth or natural birth.  Everyone I know here thinks...