or Connect

Posts by danube

I think I was around 19 months PP before I got my fertility back...but then DS was conceived on the 2nd cycle! By then my DD was not nursing at night anymore and it really helped my energy levels that I didn't have to be up with her. DH went in instead. :D
Yes, I think we're going for the V. We are done.
DH and I are trying to decide what to do for birth control now. Our DD is nearly 3 and DS is nearly 6 mo. I'm 36, DH is 42. He's 100% done having kids and I am 99.99% done...suspect that .01% comes from "maternal fairydust"/hormones stemming from currently having a cuddly baby around. DH is all for a vasectomy, but my doctor recommends I get an IUD instead. That recommendation probably comes from his work in a fertility clinic and knowing how difficult it would be if we...
Wow, after reading that mayoclinic link I think that is what DD has! Thanks!And since DS still has some immunity from me, he is probably safe.And I totally agree with the others here that said nipples are just one of many ways DD lovingly shares her germs with DS, such as grabbing his paci and giving it to him after her hands have been who knows where...
Are those nipples passing contagious viruses? My DD, age 2.5, nurses once in the morning and once at night. My DS, age 1 month, nurses all the time. :D DD had a fever yesterday and has a runny nose. We noticed a slight rash, like mild tiny pimples but without the white centers, all over her body but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. She's also getting a big back molar in, so we think it might just be teething. But in case it isn't the teething, should I be worried...
Is there any reason why a kid shouldn't take these little metal cars into the bathtub? My 2.5 year old DD has a particular one she loves to take into the bathtub. My husband doesn't want her to because he says 1) they are not bath toys and 2) they aren't made like they use be. (?) I guess his second point is in response to me saying "But my little brother used to take his in all the time..." It seems like such a weird thing to fight about, but it really bugs me. And it...
We're still traverse breech at 34 weeks and pretty much have been the whole time. My 2 year old DD was also breech the whole time and we ended up with a c-section. I've got a funny-shaped uterus that tends to keep their heads in the upper-right part, I guess. I've kind of come to terms with the possibility of another c-section but am worried this one will also have hip dysplasia from being in the "lazy boy" recliner position too long. DD had to wear a brace for her...
Yes! I had the hernia repair in 2003 and had a c-section in 2011. It didn't seem to be an issue to the doctor, but I think I always have noticed a little tightness in the area of the repair. On that same side, I had my left ovary removed (or what was left of it after a cyst ate it) in 2009. That certainly didn't help the tightness. I also seem to have breech babies because of a heart-shaped uterus and they like their heads up high in the right side of the uterus. I...
I'm 30 weeks with my second pregnancy, and so far this one is breech like the first. I have a heart-shaped uterus and the head is stuck in the same place as my DD's was. I had a c-section for this first and would like to avoid it for this birth. Are there any chiropractors in Germany that do the Webster technique? I live in Vienna.
Thank you for all the good ideas. The funeral already happened (closed casket because Mom was in such bad shape) and I'm waiting to get an update on the boy to see how he is doing in case there are any specific issues. Poor little guy just started sleeping through the night in his big kid underwear a week before the accident.