or Connect

Posts by NewMumJoy

Hi there, I'll be having a scheduled c/s in about 4 weeks (due to placenta previa).  I had an emergency c/s 20 months ago and my hospital stay and recovery (at home) was very difficult.  I'm hoping that this time around I can make this a more positive and comfortable experience.  Any advice on what to bring to the hospital, or what to have waiting at home for my return and recovery?   So far, I'm thinking for the hospital bag:  2 of my own nightgowns, a robe and...
Wonderful!!!
SierraMtnGirl - do you test after snacks, or just after meals?  I feel like I could obsessively test before and after every snack and meal, before I go to bed, and then some, just to know the numbers!
This is GREAT information, sierramtngirl - THANKS so much, I really appreciate it!
Thanks sierramtngirl!   One question that I was saving for my meeting next week w/the dietician was this..... I'm told that I need to consume a minimum of 150 gr of carbs per day.  They are spaced out through the meals (30-45 gr) and snacks (15 gr).  But is there a MAX amount of total carbs per day that I should NOT exceed?     For example, during my class I jotted down in my notes a sample distribution that the instructor gave us:   Breakfast (30 gr),  Snack1 (30...
Yay, MamaCayenne!  And good luck, TakeItSnape.... ExpectingMommy - any update?   I found out last week that I have GD for real (numbers were 94, 190 and 178).  It's been a very rough week since finding this out.  I was mostly mourning big-time the junk foods that I could no longer have (I've had a crazy sweet tooth with this pregnancy and was constantly "treating" myself with cupcakes, chocolates, and eating SO much breads - now NO MORE TREATS for me).  Then I felt...
I'm also JUST returning to MDC after months away, and would love to be added to the FB group!  Our last DDC (August 2012 babies) moved over to FB and we still all keep in contact daily - it's pretty much the only thing I log onto FB for!
Hi everyone, I'm still here!     I've only been able to post to this DDC/thread once so far since my BFP (so I'm already mentioned in the roll call list above).  Life has been quite hectic and crazy - we've moved twice since Sept (currently living in the Bay Area), I have an 18 month old son who is very active, and my husband travels a lot for work so I'm on my own a lot with no family or support nearby.  I'm now 29 weeks along and we are having a Baby Girl.  This...
Hi Everyone!   I'm NewMumJoy, my name is Joy and I'm 40 yrs old (will be 41 at EDD).  This will be Baby #2 - (DS was born Aug 2012 and I had 2 missed miscarriages prior to him).  My EDD is May 18.  I always hoped our 2nd child would be a girl, but my gut tells me we're having another boy (and I'm ok with that!)   This pregnancy has taken me quite off-gaurd as I wasn't feeling ready to TTC for another year.  So I've been lurking this DDC for the past few weeks as I try...
Ohhhh yeah..... now that I'm living in a 5th floor apartment with no yard, taking the dog out several times a day is such a PITA!!  William gets packed in the Ergo every time, at all hours of the day in all kinds of weather (so far still pretty mild here thankfully) and then I have to get in that crazy squat to pick up the poop.  Gonna be lots of fun when William gets bigger and can reach out... *sigh*