or Connect

Posts by NewMumJoy

Oh that's funny - we also have the Balboa Baby sling (and the Dr. Sears Baby Book, but I haven't read the baby wearing section yet).... a couple weekends ago DH tried out the sling at a festival - and I was arguing with him about the right way to wear it as he kept putting it on backwards, although William was perfectly content in it.  He hadn't read any instructions - and won't - but I guess he had it right after all, and I should definitely get back to reading that...
VV - I'm running into the same thing here too - about once a day - where William sucks frantically and then screams in frustration making me think I don't have enough milk since he just ate so recently.  And especially w/the issues that I was having earlier on, it definitely makes me second guess myself and want to run to the fridge for a bottle just to settle him quickly.  Fortunately I've been able to get up and distract him with walking/bouncing and then we resume...
LizBiz - nice to hear your update, sounds like you're getting a ton done over there!   JustChanti - nice to hear from you as well!  Glad that things are starting to settle in for you... I share the same sentiment about this DDC, especially as I've been living in a new place far from any friends/family throughout my whole pregnancy.  It's been great to have a place to share this experience and get some support!   Boots - I love the links!  Always a good laugh from...
Wow!!  Look at that list, how amazing!!  All these wonderful babies are now here and I'm grateful that we were able to share our experiences together over the past months.  Congratulations everyone!!  And now, the fun part (and the work) really begins.... !!  xoxoxo
I agree with the above comments!
We plan to keep William in our bed for the first few months, and then transition him to a crib in our same room.  At first when I had to pump exclusively, we'd change his diaper before each feeding (since we had to get up anyways to warm bottles, pump, etc.)  Now that I'm able to nurse him in the side laying position, we haven't been changing his diaper (although we're only a few nights into this routine).  We use a disposable over night which will buys us extra time...
LilyTiger - gone in the first week, that's amazing!!!   I gained 36 lbs total, and I haven't been weighed yet since the birth.  I left the hospital still looking 9 months pregnant (I had a lot of post surgery swelling).  The tummy has been shrinking every day, but I still look pregnant now at 4wks PP and have to wear maternity jeans if I go out.  I have a serious muffin top over my incision.  Still trying to be patient w/my body though, as I've been told to not even...
  Oh dear.... I've been there, I know how awful it is (esp overnight!!) - hang in there mama, it will get better.  Any better luck with bathing him?  If so, that might make a nice evening routine to help him get settled down.  Does he sleep all day (and thus nights are his "active" time?)  If so, maybe it would help to try keeping him awake for longer periods during the day so that he's tuckered out by bedtime?   Tizzy  - your babe's got blue hair now?  That's...
Big hugs and support to all.... I feel your pains Mamas, and hope they get better for everyone!!   For the past several days now, I've pretty much stopped pumping (per LC's instructions, yay!) and have been continuing to feed William on the breast (mostly side lying, but sitting up has worked on a few occasions).  Although I'm soooo grateful for breaking the exclusive pumping cycle, we're running into new challenges that most of you on this thread have seen - such as...
Hmmm, I was also considering whether it was time for me to start wearing a bra around the house as well...(I've heard to avoid wire bras or ones that fit too tightly, as they can cause or aggravate plugged ducts).  My boobs are just so sore, all around, all the time!  I've been going braless this whole time, just b/c I can't stand the feeling of extra layers getting in the way, esp when I was spending so much time and effort on BFing/pumping/skin-to-skin and have this...