or Connect

Posts by NewMumJoy

Oh man, BF'ing in public - I'm a loooong way from that, lol!  Now that we are just 1 day back into it, I feel like I'm about 3 weeks behind most of you on the BF'ing learning curve since we're really just starting this over again.  I'm still not really wearing clothes around the house (just a tank top which I remove for each feeding, no bras) and I'm leaking alllll over the place - it takes enough planning just to get out for a quick walk!   Wiliam's been quite fussy...
LilyTiger - HOORAY for the break you're getting!  So glad things got better just in time for you.   My boobs have been hurting more too (or differently) over the past 24 hrs since I've stopped pumping and have been BF'ing.  Although William is definitely draining the breast well each time (so that they are way softer than they'd get from pumping), they're still very sore when full (or engorged?) every couple of hours.  And I can feel little hard lumps around the...
Hugs, LilyTiger!!!  I can imagine how crazy that would make you, esp. being the only one (with the boobs) that can provide LO the comfort that they are constantly looking for w/no breaks!!  And nothing seems ok when you're that exhausted!!  Maybe, hopefully your Mom/MIL can provide her some kind of alternate comfort when they visit... or at least take care of YOU in some way (feed you, bathroom breaks, etc).  I just learned from my Doula that when babies are around Mama,...
Boots - I hope Lyle's fussiness wears off and that you guys can get some rest soon!  Frustrating when it happens late at night and you're just about fried yourself and have far less patience!! William was having a gassy day yesterday and oh my lord it was so draining to constantly have to "fix" or soothe him, especially when feeding (which you'd think would help) only aggravated the problem (I could hear the gurgles in his belly all day).  Have you tried wearing him in a...
I was hoping we'd have a weekly chat thread and was about to start one myself - thanks Boots!  Guessing that many mamas are now hunkered down w/their LO's - I hope everyone's doing well!  And thinking about those still remaining in "overdue" territory.... hopefully we'll get a good update from LeAnn soon and anyone else still out there....   Fall is in the air here ...... crazy to think that in a couple of months it'll be the one year mark that I got my BFP and...
Late last week I started putting William in cloth diapers (newborn prefold + bummis lite cover) during the day.  So far it's working out great!  He was starting to get a little diaper rash on his bottom in the 'sposies and so far, his skin is doing well in the cloth!  I've also tried out the Charlie Banana adjustable sized AIO's on him but so far I like the simplicity of the prefolds + covers.  They're not as bulky and I've been able to use the same cover throughout the...
Sarah - glad to hear you're hanging in there and that Elodie is already gaining weight, yayy!!  Early on, a different LC (who was filling in for the weekend) told me to keep baby on the breast for as long as he wanted - so I let him nurse for an hour and a half on average each time, thinking that he was going to gain a ton by his next weigh-in.  Unfortunately he didn't gain any weight - and I felt the same utter disappointment that you did, wondering how on earth did I...
Hey everyone, I've been reading along and wanting to join this thread for 2+ weeks now, but I'm just finally now getting caught up with "free" time to do so.....  Hugs to everyone who's struggling here, I hope we can all find our groove real soon!!       William and I are having a hell of a time with our breastfeeding.  We started off nicely at the hospital (according to everyone's observations).... he was immediately rooting on DH's chest in the operating room...
Awww, what beautiful babies - congrats everyone!!!         William Steven - born 8/14 - 8lbs 14oz
Hellooooo Mamas!!!  Wow I CANNOT believe that it's the end of August and that 1 month ago I was sailing past my EDD and entering "overtime" territory..... where did the month go???  I've really missed being online and keeping up w/everyone - by now many in our DDC have had their babies - congrats to all and I look forward to your updates!  Judging by the length of this week's chat thread, I'm guessing many mamas are now settling down w/their new LOs - yay!!  And, how...