or Connect

Posts by NewMumJoy

William Steven arrived on Tuesday, 8/14 at 2:40 pm.... 8lbs 14oz, 21" long.  (induction @ 42 wks, 29 hours of labor, emergency c-section)    We are both doing well.....Hopefully I'll have our birth story and pics posted soon!  :)
Hellllllooooo ladies!!   It pains me to no end to be unable stay "online" with you all during such an exciting time of the month for everyone!  (This is my first time w/laptop and I'm currently trading in my spare 10 minute "nap time" for this quick update/post before the next feeding/supplementing/pumping session is due, argh!!)..... Please know that I'm thinking of you ALL and hope to catch up on everyone's statuses real soon!!!!   Our son William Steven finally...
The day has come and we are finally going to get this started (induction) !!  Hospital called last night for us to come in, just as my inlaws were rolling into town after a 12hr road trip - I told them to hold off until Monday so we could get our guests settled (heck they made us wait 4 days for that phone call alone!!).  And now we're getting ready to head in.....  I have no idea how today will go - could be waiting a while for things to kick in - and during that time I...
Aww, good luck to you too Mtngirl81 !!!  Hopefully we'll both be reporting our happy healthy baby births very soon!!   I've pretty much accepted that I'll be induced and actually do feel that I need it at this point (approaching 2wks post EDD and still not feeling any signs of labor, I'm still pretty convinced that my body won't start this on its own w/o some help).  The doctors here are also very anti-intervention, so we start with just Cervadil and do everything...
I'm stillllll here waiting for baby too!!!  (13 days overdue, and counting.......)   My newest worry is that my labor is going to be more difficult than it could have been - if he had come on time - since  A) baby's now starting to turn in the wrong direction,  B) is growing bigger everyday (I believe he could be close to 9lbs now and I'm a tiny framed person),  C) I'm now facing induction (w/the possible chain of interventions) and thus  D) my entire labor will take...
Why hello there, Texasfarmom - and welcome to the club!!  I'm now 12 days overdue (see my story in the weekly chat thread, lol)......you are definitely not alone!!  I can certainly sympathize with your entire list of complaints - not fun at all!  Hang in there mama, we're all going through this together, so this is the perfect place to rant and get support!!   ((HUUUUUGS!!!!))
Ainh, Eleuthia, Sarahdb and Sallyrae- good luck!!!  Lilytiger - hope your LO comes very soon and doesn't keep you (and your Dad, who's sitting out his vacation) waiting too much longer!  (And regarding my EDD, mine has been moved a couple of times, but I've been pretty consistent w/the tape measure - now at 42cm(wks) as of Friday....)   Hey everyone, I'm still here, lol!  We're well into our 3rd weekend now w/no baby.....  The hospital has still not called us since...
Ainh - sorry to hear of your "failed" induction, I can't imagine how emotionally draining that must have been.  How did you fare today?  I hope that by now your labor has kicked in - either naturally or from your 2nd try! Boots - thinking of you!!  Sounds overwhelming to worry about measuring, pumping, supplementing, bf'ing... hope you're regaining your strength and that Lyle's levels are staying down and continues to nurse successfully.  You'll make it to EBF, you...
I was lucky to avoid morning sickness in early pregnancy, however I've been feeling a little queasy this past week as well.  I simply don't want to eat anything, but need to, so I eat (and have indigestion), and then feel weak again shortly afterward (almost as if I have low blood sugar again)....   It doesn't help that DH and I are sooooo burnt out from making "one last" shopping/pantry stocking trip to the store and just don't want to cook (or eat out)...
Lily - as far as rising/dropping......I had asked my doc about this last week (about baby shifting back up, particularly after laying on my back or doing inversions) and she said that if/when it happens it's no biggie - baby can easily get back into place at this point.  She used the analogy of your uterus being like a rubber balloon full of sand - and that once baby has shifted down and stretched out that part, then he can easily slide back down - after shifting around...