or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

LOL ok so the kid has to be what, 15 before being let out of the house?
I guess maybe if we were still using oral polio and someone was crazy enough to toss a newborn into a heavily chlorinated pool....but really?  Common sense just doesn't seem to exist.  They must also believe there's a guard at the beach entrance checking papers to be sure they are complete and in the appropriate color ink.........
If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen   Debate is for both sides to hash it out.  The way I see the support forums - I go to the INV side because that suits me and I could give two shits what is written on the VOS forums...seriously.  You will never see me over there flagging threads because I have no desire to even read what's being written on that forum because it goes against everything I believe and it's not worth the rise in blood pressure because I can't...
I will, to the day I die, vehemently argue that those reaction numbers are completely false and nowhere near as well reported as cases of disease especially when MD's go out of their way to deny they can ever happen.  I'm sorry but in my life I know dozens of parents who's children have had vaccine reactions - whether they are aware of them or have reported them or not - just by their descriptions, classic textbook, scientifically acknowledged vaccine reactions.  I know...
Well DD had dropped her am nap sometime before 1 and since then her afternoon has shifted later and later....28mos and she's been napping 3-5 and doesn't go to bed til 10 or later....so I'm jealous of the earlier bedtime!  We're actually toying with taking her nap away altogether just to get her nighttime routine back on track bc FIL hasn't been able to get her to nap in the 10-2 timeframe in which he watches her for a while now.   I would think about swapping some of...
Puzzles, coloring, building blocks, pots and pans.....I have pretty independent LO with a HUGE imagination for a 2yo and I find my involvement is frustrating to her bc I'm not in her head so I don't see what she sees....so she tends to kick me out!  But she does love my involvement at times so I will color for a bit, then step away to do laundry, check on her, then do some more.  I did have to build up time initially but now she can easily occupy herself for over an...
Lavender essential oil has been the best thing I've used personally for burns.  Most recently I hot glued my finger....not via the glue but the actual metal tip to my knuckle.  It blistered almost immediately and so I placed 2 drops of lavender EO, undiluted, directly on the burn.  It instantly numbed the pain.  Next morning I repeated the lavender treatment and by day 3 the blister was gone (I didn't even pop it) and I have zero scar there now.  I've been burned with less...
Pay no mind to the vaccine inserts which generally list these things as contraindications for vaxxing......
me too!
 I truly hate the system