or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

Well, until you are 100% sure that you are ok with vaxxing, then why not wait? You can't undo them once they are done.  She's not yet a year, you still have a ways to go for her immune system to reach maturity, and a ways to go before she would truly be able to effectively communicate that something was wrong and alert you to a vaccine reaction. Unless you use daycare you don't have any looming deadlines for either vaxxing or filing for an exemption for school.  She's at...
Breastfeeding will offer up protection for as long as you and baby are willing to go.  My DD is 28mos and still going strong nursing 3 or more times a day - waaaaay more if there's a bug or sniffle going around!  Your body will continue to produce antibodies for your baby for as long as you nurse.  We stopped vaxxing after 4mos and I've never looked back.  She's beyond any worrysome age for pertussis, and anything else at this point would only benefit her immune system so...
Good question!  I have a love/hate for debating.  I'm not always good at it because I tend to let the emotional aspect overrule and I don't always come off well so I've learned to curb that a bit   Who knows?  My parents and sister, and subsequently her BF who thinks it's all a bit nutty but doesn't argue with me!  My IL's, although what they "know" is debatable because they are a bit clueless and don't listen very well/retain things they've been told.  I'm not on...
I fall in line similarly to Kathy on this one - spiritual but not religious.  I was raised Catholic, Catholic school k-8, alter server, Confirmation, the whole nine yards....but not so much by choice, it's what my mother wanted.  Once I hit college all that sort of stopped and the only time I've stepped foot into a church since is for weddings or funerals - I don't even go through the motions anymore because it feels far to hypocritical to do so and then disappear from the...
It does seem it's only that age group for first timers, but also says if you can't prove 2 in a prior year (for the under 8) they would automatically do 2 this year, BUT I too have heard the waning immunity argument and pushing for changes to 2 a year in adults - and this does follow in step with every other vaccine - start with babies who can't say no, who's parents feel backed into a corner in terms of needing to listen to what doctors say to protect their babies, and...
Success....until it fails!
You know what I also like is this particular recommendation:Seriously, do people plan vaccinations around pregnancy and vise versa?!  "Oh gee I plan to become pregnant during this upcoming flu season I should make sure to inform my HCP of this and not get the Live attenuated influenza vaccine". 
It made it's first appearance on the 2013 schedule but it's also on the 2014 version:  http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-18yrs-schedule.pdf
And you know what, there have been dozens of other studies since Wakefield that DO show a relation between vaccines and Autism and yet the pro-vaxxers still continue to jump on the anti-Wakefield bandwagon and parrot the same old information.  If these people were so informed - as they claim to be, because only those who vax are truly informed - they would be updating their library and reading the more current info.  But no, they sweep it under the rug, pretend it doesn't...
Considering the change in recommendation from 1 flu vax to 2 per year is already in place it's sadly not surprising.