or Connect

Posts by sassyfirechick

I'm popping over here from the non-vax side to ask on behalf of my friend if anyone has any experience with hereditary spherocytosis and vaccination. She's 8mos along with their first LO - her DH just had his gallbladder removed because of issues with gallstones and is being tested for the HS disorder and comes from quite the family history of blood disorders so now they are left to do quick research in the month before baby arrives!   Their plan was to do...
I may have her TT reversed, I've never had it officially looked at, just something I noticed on my own after a talk with my friend who does speech pathology - but bc she's qualified I might just have her take a look next time we hang out and get her opinion on what level it is and go from there.  My chiropractor, who sees the same ND as me with her twins, had her girls snipped 2x, both times it grew back with more tissue, so she started to use a homeopathic stretch...
When I was at the ND going through my history, the Gilbert's was the tipping point that made her stop and say "I think you have MTHFR". I don't know that many people with Gilbert's but then again I'm not sure how common it is to even test for.  You have to get tested for MTHFR, the only one I know about is 2 part - you go through 23andme.com to determine your genetic make up, it's $99 and takes a few weeks for them to analyze a saliva sample and notify you via email.  Then...
Lip and tongue tie here - went 30 years before being told I have both.  I was nursed for 6wks then my mother stopped bc it was too painful - DD also tongue tied but only slightly and I've had zero issues nursing her (28mos and still going).  Not only does it affect folic acid and b12 absorption, but also how your body detoxes so you tend to hold onto toxins longer.  I did the 23andme genetic test and have yet to import the raw data to the MTHFR site for my ND to analyze,...
Ugh.  It's truly sad that these are personal opinions being pushed on people.Ok personal opinions and just plain old ignorance.  And seriously HOW do you make an informed decision to force people to comply with some mandate when you don't even KNOW about all sides of the story - how can anyone in the vaccine legislation realm not know about VICP?!  That right there should be illegal.  You're all for forcing people to vax, but you've got no clue that vaccines can be...
I have a variety of oils, the tea tree we currently use is Desert Essence and the Lavender is Whole Foods Brand, I've also got some Aura Cacia and Mountain Rose.
I can totally see this happening and it goes something like this....."would you say no to this poor starving kitten?  Every time you skip a vaccine a kitten dies....do it for the kittens!"  Take that you fear mongering spies!
We do lavender and tea tree in the bath.  DD is 28mos and VERY independent, so anything that she can't do herself, she wants so desperately to do that she fights us.  She did have a labial adhesion at like 9mos which resolved itself and occasionally DH worries about her not "getting clean" but I've not been worried - just some essential oils in the tub and she's good to go.  She doesn't love being wiped, but she's learned to tolerate it for now.
That was my favorite line from the whole thing - "It is not the liberty of Dr. Offit, or any manufacturer researcher or government public health official, or any MD, to decide for you what is an acceptable level of risk for your child".  Damn straight!
 Lie to the people - it's sooo much better!  um....so how do you say you prevented 20 million of something for which you have no numbers to go off of? I mean you cannot unequivocally claim that without vaccination 20 million people would have presented with these diseases and that with absolute certainty 42,000 would have died....Funny, no mention of societal cost for raising an entire generation of mentally and physically ill children into adulthood, what with all the...